Victor cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tau

Landlord.
Reaction score
Bought a Victors cider ferment in bag kit a few months ago on special for £6, started it yesterday, supposed to take 48hrs. I doubt it will, besides added an extra 300g to up the abv', so hoping to yeast can handle to extra abv before dying. I found that I only got 8 and a half ltrs in, which will also up the abv more, before noticing an instruction on the other side of the box to pull the tap out. Will leave it the week or more to see what happens and stop it with a camden and stick it in two litre pet bottles.

Left this for 7.5 days at room temp' then out in the shed as the volume of co2 I couldn't breathe and walked around in a trance with it lol. 2-3 three days were warm nights, but brought in after 7 days on a frosty night. Seems to have stopped will add a camden and bottle, although it recommends not to that's after 48hours and it's clearly still fermenting. Will leave to monday then add 2 camdens and bottle in old 2 litre coke pet bottles. Smells nice.

Edit: Sunday evening added 2 crushed camdens to it.

Bottled the other night, tasted today and can simple say absolutely vile. All I can taste is the sucralose and it spoils the whole brew still will plough through it though :whistle:

He gave it 6/10 and he said that may be generous this will also put anyone viewing off their dark ale kit.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfuyVDHstGE[/ame]

I got given the cider kit for Xmas. Followed the instructions and had a taste after 48hrs just for a laugh, it was vile. Left it for another week, still vile. Tried it each week for a month and still vile, so down the drain it went......

I think that you're either sensitive to the sweetner or not as behind it the cider taste is good (plus I upped the abv), I'm sure that it's the same stuff Roddy uses in his yeast packets he can't be sensitive to it. To me it's just a drying chemical taste no sweetness, suppose same for you bigjas.

Not tried the cider kit but had an ale given to me a while back,
s##t:doh:,how they can get away with selling the stuff i do not know.
Trouble is,it could possibly put someone off from attempting another brew:twisted:

Back