Mead recipes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fin420

Reaction score
Hi all, ive been making way more mead than wine this year, so far my favourite is my honey/maple syrup mixture, 2/1 ratio seems to work well.

I've started a blueberry melomel today, 3L blueberryjuice with two jars of set honey plus sugar, citric, pectolase, tannin, youngs yeast and nutrient.

I've also got a spare packet of apricot add back from a failed wine kit, so I'm going to make a mead with just honey, and add that at the end to see how it tastes.

What's everyone favourite mead variations?

image.jpg

Hi all, ive been making way more mead than wine this year, so far my favourite is my honey/maple syrup mixture, 2/1 ratio seems to work well.

I've started a blueberry melomel today, 3L blueberryjuice with two jars of set honey plus sugar, citric, pectolase, tannin, youngs yeast and nutrient.

I've also got a spare packet of apricot add back from a failed wine kit, so I'm going to make a mead with just honey, and add that at the end to see how it tastes.

What's everyone favourite mead variations?

Apricot mead is very nice i use dried apricots and make it sweet, cross my loof mead yeast does a quick clean job, :thumb:

What kind of honey are you using?

My first mead should be ready to drink now, hopefully it's decent. Got a couple of melomels still aging.

By this point I've tried about every brand you can buy off the shelf, as well as a few local ones. Surprisingly Tescos own brand honeys (not the value ones) ferment well and taste pretty good in the end. I prefer the locally made raw honey I can get here (not processed at all), it costs more than triple the price but it's worth it.

Back