Recommend me some Pale Ale or Golden Ale kits?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WelshD

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me some Pale Ale or Golden Ales kits?

I just did the Festival Golden Stag and I really love that

Can anyone recommend me some Pale Ale or Golden Ales kits?

I just did the Festival Golden Stag and I really love that
I got the stag to do, Young's APA is ment to be good, I do the woodfordes sundew kit but I add 25g falconer's flight hops to fermenter before topping up to 23 litres then dry hop with 75g falconer's flight hops, it's an amazing tropical bomb,, fantastic, I do the Cooper's pale ale with 1kg spraymalt and falconer's flight hops as well

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The Wilko Golden Ale is really good with citrus dry hops - any of the usual suspects will do.

It's a shame it's not a 2 can kit any more because it was good to make 2 batches of 10 litres and experiment with different hops.

Coopers APA is nice.

falconer's flight, eh? Cheers for the tip. :thumb:
I find by putting hops in fermenter before and dry hop afterwards works well, especially falconer's flight, I should try different hops but that's great in a pale ale

I got the stag to do, Young's APA is ment to be good, I do the woodfordes sundew kit but I add 25g falconer's flight hops to fermenter before topping up to 23 litres then dry hop with 75g falconer's flight hops, it's an amazing tropical bomb,, fantastic, I do the Cooper's pale ale with 1kg spraymalt and falconer's flight hops as well

Do you mean Coopers Australian Pale Ale or Coopers Bootmaker Pale Ale?

Do you mean Coopers Australian Pale Ale or Coopers Bootmaker Pale Ale?
Works well in Cooper's pale ale, have just got the Cooper's bootmakers pale ale kit to try it with, should work good with that one as well

Muntons Midas Golden Ale: good balance between malt and hops (at least first time round). I've just fermented the second.

I've made the Young's APA, Sundew (dry hopped with 50g Cascade) and Coopers Canadian Blonde (100g falconer's flight) and would rate them in that order, but they're all good. The Canadian Blonde is only a couple of weeks in the PB and already tastes great!

Back