Radish in beer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlentoranMark

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've a glut of radishes about to be picked. I eat the odd one with a salad but I'm wondering would they work in a beer? I've Googled and there is commercial stout with radish which is ideal as I have the ingredients for an Oaty Stout about to go on. I'm thinking the slight heat of the radish might give the beer a little kick?

Any thoughts?

If you could get it right I reckon it would be wonderful - I love radishes. I think you would have to cook them to include in the mash, then grated as a "dry hop?"

I was thinking just adding during the boil but I like the idea of dry hopping them. I've about 20 radishes ready for picking with more along the way in future.

I've a glut of radishes about to be picked. I eat the odd one with a salad but I'm wondering would they work in a beer? I've Googled and there is commercial stout with radish which is ideal as I have the ingredients for an Oaty Stout about to go on. I'm thinking the slight heat of the radish might give the beer a little kick?

Any thoughts?

just google for radish beer there are a lot on there
also google for other radish recipes there also a lot of them from cakes to soup and everything in between swmbo makes a mean radish soup
just right for a winter morning

Latest posts

Back