Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here My misses said it smelled of **** same thing really back in the old days they used men **** for tanning leather and keeping colour in materiel I think. Do not know if they used ladies though
:thumb::lol:

I think lady wee was for delicate leathers and fabrics....

This is a siily Q to ask

Hey APINTA, always remember that no question is silly if you don't know the answer, just because some of the top home wine making brains of the universe answer the questios on here, they all had to learn sometime, usually from members before them, so never be afraid to ask a 'silly' question it's almost certain someone else wants the answer as well and remember ... the answers are only easy when you know them. Ask away ... that's why we have this forum.

I've tried all grapefruit, and we found that the flaviour is a bit overpowering so now I add 1l grapefruit to 4l of other juices for a 5gallon batch just to give bit of an edge to wines, The combinations are endless of course, as is personal taste. Personally I ferment as dry as I can, you can always add sweetner but you can't take it away.
In your other post you said about the grapefruit WOW was a bit lively, I've found that the more pulp, bits, cloudiness or whatever you call it there is in the juice, the livelier it can be ... even to blowing the airlock out of the Dj.

Hey APINTA, always remember that no question is silly if you don't know the answer, just because some of the top home wine making brains of the universe answer the questios on here, they all had to learn sometime, usually from members before them, so never be afraid to ask a 'silly' question it's almost certain someone else wants the answer as well and remember ... the answers are only easy when you know them. Ask away ... that's why we have this forum.

Here here !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the grapefruit has settled a bit now mind. Has anyone else experienced what our lass calls the "frogspawn effect" in their wows...basically it looks disgusting like youve dipped your DJ in a pond and trying to make wine out of it. Ive had a couple like that both containing at least one apple juice. They both turned out absolutaly fine in the end but i had to rack them a few times to get rid of it.

That is nice Thank you

It was the Pink Grapefruit from Asda which is a tad sweeter than proper grapefruit but still tangy as hell...whats the best thing to back sweeten with..was thinking Splenda

If you have added sorbate then you can add anything sugary or sweet that you want, if you haven't added sorbate or don't intend to then go with a non fermentable sweetener like splenda.

Cheers Chewie, I'm hoping it'll be OK as the Orange has turned out really nice, kind of like a slightly bitter orange juice. Another question, my Orange WOW has come out with pretty much the same colour as it went in but a bit lighter - is a pure orange WOW meant to clear down completely (I'm fine with it the way t is mind)?

I filled 3 x 5l water bottles and 1 x 5l bag in box a few days ago with the WOW rose recipe. It had been racked twice. In the bottom of 2 of the 3 x 5l water bottles there is a slight amount of sediment... very slight, like a tiny dusting. Is it ok to leave? or should i rack it off this to another 5l bottle?

yes it's only very slight. I wondered if it had started to ferment again after I added the apple juice to sweeten it. If it builds then I'll rack it again.

I've just bagged a very nice summer dark rose as follows:-

Asda 1l Red Grape, Strawberry & Kiwi x 3
500g sugar
1tsp pectolase
1tsp nutrient
1tsp super wine yeast
3 teabag brew

hooray..ive just bottled my first original wow. tried other wows but had to give orange a go. not sure if i like the idea of orange wine but we will see. as its the original i had to make it. looks like urine so i should get pxxxxd

Glad it worked out.

The original orange wine is not my favourite in fact probably looking back my least favourite but we enjoyed our first venture into wine making (with a bit of back sweetening) it got us into making these wines and many many gallons later we are still making them.

Can I ask a Question please I have made the rose WOW and really have enjoyed it. I see from above some of you are making WOW with other juices I see also there are different types that are being brewed I was wondering what they taste like eg Blueberry & Red Grape juice etc. And have any of you made a truly awful WOW Recipe.? Also I have been given a couple of Champagne Yeast. If I put this into a wow Recipe would that then make a sparking wine out of my WOW

There are many juice combinations out there and i haven't made one (other than the orange version) that we didn't enjoy, in theory if you like the sound of what is in the juice carton you cannot go wrong.

Latest posts

Back