Spring cleaning.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a long brew day yesterday which went on until 2.30am due too circumstances beyond my control.
Well decided it was time to get started with my SMaSH yeast reclaim for which I had 4kg of pale malt and cascade hops which shall be fermented using MJ36 liberty bell yeast which I have not used before.Been in the chill cube overnight all 22 litres which ain't bad as I used 31 litres overall and between mash tun and kettle only lost nine litres.Awaiting another brew to finish fermenting before it goes in the fermentation chamber.
On the back of that I brewed another as I added 1kg MO,1kg of wheat,0.5 kg of chateau ruby and 100g of roasted barley and have somehow ended up with about 33 litres running the wort through the grains three times to ensure I got as much from the grains as possible as I only took first runnings and no sparge from the first.Again the hops are cascade as I have 1kg that need to be used.As for the yeast I have 6 different types at the moment so might divide up and brew each different whether it's S04,S05, crossmyloof Belgian,Pale or MJ Nottingham ale or Gervin 12.Choices to made but shall worry about that tomorrow. See
Things were looking a bit untidy in the garage so I'm in the middle of a spring clean.
The SMaSH is on the left.
55109a660c91ebf67af71adc115bbe14.jpg
79faa7d346d1a68359f8a90aa370e8a3.jpg
3f3e5270acd59b135e63f0b7de502017.jpg

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back