Bulldog raja's reward IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone that has already brewed this give me a bit of advice ?

How long would you suggest to leave it for each stage ? I've seen some saying to leave it in the FV for 2 weeks, Secondary 1 week then bottle it and let it Carb for a couple of weeks.

What have others found works ?

Hi
FV for 2 weeks is an average Iv had brews in the FV for 1 - 4 but I do ferment low (18') you really need to take hydrometer readings to be sure fermentation has finished, 3 readings on consecutive days confirm this.
I wouldn't leave in secondary for a week, just move FV to bottling/barreling point the day before to allow any sediment stirred up to settle, and bottle/barrel.
From memory my instructions said prime with 150g which is a bit excessive in my opinion.
Rob. :hat:

Thanks Rob, I'm planning on muting the hops in quite late, as I like my beers in the craft style.

So I guess I'll out the hop bag in once the readings get quite low and leave it in for a couple of days.

That's the main reason I suggested secondary for a week as I would dry hop in the secondary the bottle.

Bottled this last night after leaving it in the FV for 2 weeks and getting it down to 112.

I decided to put it straight into the bottling bucket then into bottles, as it came through very clear and sediment free.

Bulk primed it with 100g of sugar so hopefully that should do.

Tasted some straight out of the FV and was very nice, so hopefully it can only get better.

Looking for a bit of advice on this one.

It tasted quite good coming out of the fermenter, i've had it sat under the stairs for about a month now, tried a bottle tonight after having it in the fridge for a day or so, but it seems to have taken on a flavour that i can only describe as 'homebrewy'.

Other than that its perfectly carbonated.

Just not sure what to do really ?

Evening all,

So my Raja's Reward is bubbling along nicely and has been in the F.V since Saturday afternoon, at a pretty steady 18-20 degrees.

My question is this - I've set my F.V up without a valve, instead I've just not fully closed/sealed my lid, it's about 80% sealed. I've read elsewhere about people fully sealing the lid at around the halfway point, and so wanted to check to see whether anyone would recommend this? My thinking is that with a proper seal around the lid it would reduce any chance of the beer being contaminated, but equally I want any excess CO2 to be able to escape properly.

Advice welcome!

:cheers:
You would be very lucky/unlucky? To have a snap shut lid that is 100% airtight.
I always snap mine down, it may bulge a little :-D but that just lets me know it's kicked off and makes those waste of time air locks redundant.

I just wanted to post an update on this after finishing my las 4 bottles last night. I brewed it per instructions about 8 months ago, and it is fantastic! It has improved month by month, but I so wish I had done 2 at the time! If like your ipa to be light and hoppy but not too much on the bitter or acidic/fruity side give this a go.

Generally I am finding if you can leave your brew for 4 months plus then they really start to come alive, I also had a couple of old stock coopers pale ale and they were great too. Craft style kits seem to really benefit from a bit of ageing.

R

Will be giving this a shot after my Evil Dog, thanks for the info!

I just bottled mine, it also got stuck at FG 1.016 (OG 1.047) for 3 days in a row after 10 days.

How much sugar did you guys use for bulk priming? I read a couple of post in this forum and I ended up using 120g for 22L in a priming bucket.

Is two weeks enough for the fermentation of the priming sugar?

I just bottled mine, it also got stuck at FG 1.016 (OG 1.047) for 3 days in a row after 10 days.

How much sugar did you guys use for bulk priming? I read a couple of post in this forum and I ended up using 120g for 22L in a priming bucket.

Is two weeks enough for the fermentation of the priming sugar?

Hi Jul,

Ive just had my Rajas in the fermenter for 31 days now and it hit a fg of 1010, so I have bottled it and I put 1 sugar lump in each 500ml bottle to carb it up.

if I was to bulk prime then I would have used 90grams of sugar.

I am going to leave this beer now 2 weeks in the house at normal temp, and then 3 months in the shed.
#Thanks
Big d 2657

Latest posts

Back