brewing advice please :-)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayne s

Reaction score
Hi All,

New on tonight.....I have brewed a coopers lager in the basic brew kit in a box and with great success, slight aftertaste but nothing at all to worry about for a first attempt.

I am now brewing a coopers mexican cerveza but today is day 3 into brew and it seems to be looking very cloudy. Everything was sterile before brewing and it is sat in 18 deg room so not too hot. I did use 'just because i had 2 packs at hand' wilko's 1kg bag brewing sugar "is this the culprit?"

I am also thinking of priming bottles with honey and carb drops has anyone tried that? Any advice would be great

sounds normal. i wouldn't bother about carbonating with honey, the flavour difference is tiny and the sugar is much harder to dissolve. if you want honey in there, i'd suggest adding it to the fermentation in place of sugar - but not this time - just bottle this one up, it's a cracking kit :thumb:

RobWalker said:
sounds normal. i wouldn't bother about carbonating with honey, the flavour difference is tiny and the sugar is much harder to dissolve. if you want honey in there, i'd suggest adding it to the fermentation in place of sugar - but not this time - just bottle this one up, it's a cracking kit :thumb:

Many thanks for that, I will start experimenting when I get out of my novice costume ;)

Have you brewed this one before?

Hello and welcome! Dont worry about the cloudyness, thats normal...it wont clear until you have racked it into a secondary FV and then bottled it...or are you kegging...either way it will take time to condition and settle down.

I have made this kit a couple of times and it was really great both times, nice and crisp with lots of flavour :cheers:

wayne s said:
RobWalker said:

Many thanks for that, I will start experimenting when I get out of my novice costume ;)

Have you brewed this one before?

Hi there,

Did you bottle your previous brews up of this when it was cloudy or was yours ok i.e clear?

Back