What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a pint of my 'tampered with' Brakespear bitter. Mmm,ok i guess,it's beer:lol:
Just can't quite get to grips with a bitter though

A Lager brewed with cali common yeast. Next ones gonna be hopped up with saaz and citra.

DSC_0723.jpg

A Lager brewed with cali common yeast. Next ones gonna be hopped up with saaz and citra.

I licky... but how do you like that yeast? I've heard lots of positives but the negatives is what I focus on!! (Like I've got an alternative option of this)! ... another ( you guys would say "daft pr&ck" and I own that! Just make beer).... I should try to sleep this week!

I licky... but how do you like that yeast? I've heard lots of positives but the negatives is what I focus on!! (Like I've got an alternative option of this)! ... another ( you guys would say "daft pr&ck" and I own that! Just make beer).... I should try to sleep this week!

Lol no problem. I have only used it once compared to the Kolsch which probably done 7 times now. There is definitly a taste to it which i presume would be described as maltiness. Perhaps thats part of the flavour profile which would compliment other malts. Personally i really like the cml Kolsch yeast as thats super clean, might be good for an IPA as well but not tried it. Bothe yeasts do need fining though if you want a clear beer. If you want any and they dont ship to you pm me will send you some.

My extremely well received Westmalle Tripel clone just ran out. Sad day. But not really, as I can produce it all over again. And again.

Working my way through a mini keg of mosaic hopped lager of an evening, tastes ok, but comes out full of foam and then flat once settled.

I agree beercat....the cali common is very malty! What finings would you recommend?

Cheers

Clint

I’ve been using gelatine , did the Kolsch a right treat. Going to try it in my Maris smash next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strawberry vanilla milkshake IPA. My own recipe, hopped just with belma. Not really the ultimate strawberry flavour I was going for but it's only 3 weeks old. Tastes more like a tropical fruit juice. Considering its 6.3% it goes down a treat [emoji106]
bb597519883798ad1b300c7bfb8b0395.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Strawberry vanilla milkshake IPA. My own recipe, hopped just with belma. Not really the ultimate strawberry flavour I was going for but it's only 3 weeks old. Tastes more like a tropical fruit juice. Considering its 6.3% it goes down a treat [emoji106]
bb597519883798ad1b300c7bfb8b0395.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Looks fantastic. I'm drinking a NEIPA which has been in the bottle for two months, it's still a pleasant flavour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't had a drink since lunchtime while my latest brew (Greg Hughes ESB) was boiling. So you can imagine I'm a bit parched now. Tonight I'll have a bottle of Pacific Jade single hop bitter. It's nice, has a very citrussy twang to it from the hops.

supping a lucky buddha.It's not too bad, nice aroma but perhaps a little bland.Nice unusual bottle however:)

The last but one 2L bottle of a Summer Lightning clone bottled 19 March. Oh my, is this good. Just Maris Otter and then Progress and First Gold to bitter and then First Gold and Styrian Goldings @ 10 mins. US 05 & Danstar English Ale yeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back