Wilko Wheat Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mashed 250g of oats and then boiled them with some dried orange peel and coriander.
Then added them to the wort in the fermenter.
One of the nicest beers i've made so far.
I primed each bottle with a teaspoon of sugar. Good level of carbonation

Started this yesterday. Added 150g golden syrup and topped up to about 20.5 l. O.G. 1.046.
Today the lid has come off at one side and has spilt on to the floor

Never did post an update on this.
7/8/16 F.G. was 1.014 making it around 4.2%.
Tried a bottle a week later which is earlier than I would usually try and it tastes like a wheat beer.
Still got plenty left to see if it gets any better in time

I mashed 250g of oats and then boiled them with some dried orange peel and coriander.

im taking it youve done this before....

Never did post an update on this.
7/8/16 F.G. was 1.014 making it around 4.2%.
Tried a bottle a week later which is earlier than I would usually try and it tastes like a wheat beer.
Still got plenty left to see if it gets any better in time

im willing to test for you aswell :)

I made mine and added 4kg of dark cherries and some funky lambic yeast. Leaving in the fermenter for 4 weeks now.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Got this bottled at the weekend and looks promising. Now to wait 4 weeks.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I put this on the 30th August, brewed to 21 litres with an OG of 1044.

True to form, I came home from work today and it's blown the lid on FV. When I went to work all was calm, 8 hours later boom!!!

My plan is once its calmed down, within approx 7 days or so, I'm going to dry hop with 50g of Citra and 50g of Amarillo. It may turn out a bit hoppy but looking forward to finding out. :mrgreen:

I put this on the 30th August, brewed to 21 litres with an OG of 1044.

True to form, I came home from work today and it's blown the lid on FV. When I went to work all was calm, 8 hours later boom!!!

My plan is once its calmed down, within approx 7 days or so, I'm going to dry hop with 50g of Citra and 50g of Amarillo. It may turn out a bit hoppy but looking forward to finding out. :mrgreen:

I've done something similar, you'll love it!

Any thoughts regarding priming...

Cheers

Clint

I'm bottling one of these on Saturday, I'm thinking of 1/ 2 tsp sugar per 500ml bottle. If the secondary fermentation is anything like the primary anything more would be wall to wall bottle bombs.

Thanks;worth noting. Kicked mine off last night with an extra 600g of brewing sugar I had spare and sat and watched this morning as the krausen hit the lid of the fv and pushed into the airlock. I actually have a bubbling airlock! Such fun!

Cheers

Clint

It's just popped the lid!

Thanks;worth noting. Kicked mine off last night with an extra 600g of brewing sugar I had spare and sat and watched this morning as the krausen hit the lid of the fv and pushed into the airlock. I actually have a bubbling airlock! Such fun!

Cheers

Clint

It's just popped the lid!

I put a blow off tube on my second brew and it needed it, that yeast is a lively one

This has a constant bubble then every so often a huge amount...sounds like a wild animal growling in the corner! Third airlock ready..

cheers

Clint

Do you have a rough idea of how much peel/coriander you used ?

..12 days and still the odd bubble so not finished yet. Any guide on ferment time?

Cheers

Clint

I'm 17 days into the fermentation and it's now down to just below 1.018, so I would say approx 20 - 22 days. Will bottle with half a tea spoon of sugar into 500ml.

Latest posts

Back