Looking for advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Cider

Reaction score
Hello again!

I`m newbie as I recently confessed, so could you help me, please?

Recently I found this thing for cider homebrewing, and I`d like to know your opinion about it. Perhaps someone already used it and knows if it works or not? Is it worth buying? Perhaps I`m looking for the easiest way, but who knows...

Anyway, I will be grateful for your responses and advises. Thanks!

At $430 for a jug of cider that better be some primo cider that comes out of it!

The easiest way is to make Turbo Cider there are many recipes on this and other sites.

Good idea, volume is a little on the small side and expensive especially for cider making. A week for mead I don't think so!

I suggest you make a few batches of turbo cider or have a go at 'real' cider from apples from basic kit costing no more than say �£30 where you are in control before you decide to spends $430. First you can then decide if home cider making is for you and second do you really want to spend that sort of money when there is no proper guarantee of success. How will you feel if it's not what the hype suggests :doh:

£30 as Terry says will get you 4 x 1 gallon glass demi johns that will give you a production of 3 gallons of turbo cider per fortnight give or take a few days and cartons of apple juice are dirt cheap. Glass DJ's are far more easily resold as well should you decide that it isn't for you. Spending that kinda money is just not justifiable for what looks like no more than a gallon of cider at best, all this "app" and "sensor" technology is a waste of time for a production that is so low and is basically over solving a problem that doesn't exist beyond a complete novice brewer.

Back