Grumpy Barstewards Corner.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You assume far too much.
1. The pavement is wide enough for bins, push chairs and wheelchairs to live in harmony*, helped by the fact our bins are narrow. *Unlike the people who park their cars on the pavement, taking up the whole of the walkway.
2. The bin men still leave the bin on the pavement, they just leave it in a position where it blocks my driveway...therefore if the bin did inconvenience pushchairs and wheelchairs alike, the bin men would be just as guilty as me...
3. The majority of the houses on my street do not have a driveway. The tone of your comment suggests that I shouldn't put the bin on the pavement. Where do you suggest the bins go, especially for those houses without a driveway?
4. Not only is it an inconvenience to me, which can easily be avoided...it causes a hazard by me having my car overhanging from the pavement onto the road.

In that case i take back my earlier comment and your bin men are dick heads. :lol:

Shop workers that comment on what you have in your trolley, not long ago in B&M i put 10Kg of sugar (for my wine making) on the conveyor and the till worker said "You get through a lot of sugar" i was going to complain but i hate shopping so much i just wanted to get out of there.

I think that that is all for now. Ive vented my aggression. Just give it 10 mins before somone else pisses me off.
Time posted ...13.35

And there it is..16.22 and some ****er has ****** me off.
Ive emptied and reloaded the said skip. I seperated the scrap metal into a container. Stating please take the scrap, but leave the container. Guess what??
I have now placed another container (full off scrap metal) laced with razor blades around the handles.
Cut yourself...not my ****ing problem.
I am fully 1st trained and will just sit back and watch you bleed.

Shop workers that comment on what you have in your trolley, not long ago in B&M i put 10Kg of sugar (for my wine making) on the conveyor and the till worker said "You get through a lot of sugar" i was going to complain but i hate shopping so much i just wanted to get out of there.

Till monkeys,with about as much intelengence

This rant is about Tim Farron, i used to think he was decent down to earth bloke -

gettyimages-489627108.jpg

Tim Farron pledges 'two more years of fighting' for SECOND Brexit referendum

When I go shopping and am standing with the trolley while SWMBO reads the ingredients of most of the products on the aisle. If I had the trolley parked in front of shelves of fresh elephant poo then someone has to come up and move me out of the way as they need some elephant dung right there and then.

Cold calls on the land line, i can bock the 10 most recent nuisance calls free (Talk Talk) but they keep coming i am also registered with the Telephone Preference Service, i am thinking about buying one of those call blockers but they are expensive why the companies cannot filter them is beyond me.

My latest 'adventures in audio' project is overhauling a monster 1977 Hitachi amp (they were,very,very,very good back then). The 32 capacitors I ordered over the weekend arrived today, and having been on nights I really shouldn't have started a task so demanding of concentration. But I did start, and about three quarters of the way thru and cross-eyed with tiredness I realised that some of them were different values to what I'd ordered. Ye I know I should've checked them off before starting, but I didn't. I am now extremely grumpy and ill-tempered and will wake up even worse.

Shop workers that comment on what you have in your trolley, ......

That struck a nerve!

Back in the days when using a Credit Card in Scotland was an absolute novelty and they were still using bits of paper and a roller, I ran into two problems:

1. The lady at the ASDA till who handed back my card and proceeded to tell me "What you have to do is to go over there, get the assistant manager to run your card through the machine and then bring the bit of paper she gives you back over here to me." I explained that all I "had" to do was to leave the trolley where it was and leave the store; which I did.

2. The lady at the Somerfields till who took my card and then left me standing at the till whilst she went to consult her manager because "It's just after Christmas and New Year and we don't want to find out that you have exceeded the limit of your card, do we?" Unfortunately, because she still had my card, I didn't have the option of walking out of the store and leaving the goods; so I just never returned.

Happy Days? :doh:

SWMBO keeps telling me "That's why we are here!" when I am starting to mump and fume about being stuck at the back of an interminable queue in a French shop.

The one that I remember best was standing at a check-out while the woman in front of me gossiped with the lass on the till.

I have a little understanding of French and it finally dawned on me that the discussion was a long-winded explanation about the mother-in-law of the shoppers neighbour who had been rushed into hospital for some obscure ailment.

But the real kick in the nuts was when I realised that the check-out girl not only didn't know the shopper's neighbour or the mother-in-law of the neighbour, she hardly knew the shopper herself. :doh:

"I'm losing the will to live!" is a much used phrase of mine in French check-out queues! :whistle:

Cold calls on the land line, i can bock the 10 most recent nuisance calls free (Talk Talk) but they keep coming i am also registered with the Telephone Preference Service, i am thinking about buying one of those call blockers but they are expensive why the companies cannot filter them is beyond me.

Now there's a thing. I bought one of those BT call blocker things as we were being plagued with nuisance calls. You can turn the blocker on or off

This one works by asking the caller to give their number and if they do then a call comes through asking if you want to accept. After the first time it allows the call straight through and builds up a list of allowed callers. If you refuse then they are blocked. I explained this to my wife who promptly indicated that it was far too much fuss to have people questioned and decided to TURN OFF the blocker.

We now have a BT call blocking phone and some nice nuisance calls as well!

SWMBO keeps telling me "That's why we are here!" when I am starting to mump and fume about being stuck at the back of an interminable queue in a French shop.

The one that I remember best was standing at a check-out while the woman in front of me gossiped with the lass on the till.

I have a little understanding of French and it finally dawned on me that the discussion was a long-winded explanation about the mother-in-law of the shoppers neighbour who had been rushed into hospital for some obscure ailment.

But the real kick in the nuts was when I realised that the check-out girl not only didn't know the shopper's neighbour or the mother-in-law of the neighbour, she hardly knew the shopper herself. :doh:

"I'm losing the will to live!" is a much used phrase of mine in French check-out queues! :whistle:

Your french escapades reminded me that Le Grumpy Batuardes also live in France.

I was out at head office in Antony just south of Paris and popped into a supermarket for a browse. Some woman went through the checkout with her trolley an tried to retrieve the 1 euro coin just before leaving. it would not budge. She called a shop assistante ( note the french there!) and she could not budge it so they sent for a maintenance man and he could not budge it.

By this time the queue in the shop was building up as more and more people arrived to release the captive coin. There was a lot of shrugging , anxious looks and frantic discussion with arm waving. Eventualement the manager arrived looked exasperated and told the maintenance man to use his hammer and chisel to extract the coin immediately. He proceeded to lever and bash the coin mechanism until it fell off and the Euro was released with beaming smiles all around. Even the customers joined in and cheered.They obviously felt that they had "beaten the system" and given the trolley a damn good thrashing also!

If my french had been a better I would have told the manager that he had just destroyed a ��£150 quid trolley when it would have been easier just to give the woman a 1 Euro coin and take the trolley out of use. I fear it would have fallen on deaf ears as they were determined to beat the trolley at all costs, it was a matter of saving face!
Ah les francais , c'est magnifique!

Yep..! I think I've been in that same que! We all winge about ques at the bank/post office etc, but until you've experienced a french supermarket que - where the customers all feel the urge to pass the time of day/talk ******** with the checkout chick - you haven't really experienced life...! :doh:

Hi!
Any cold calls that I answer are swiftly disconnected and saved on my phone as "Cold". If they call again, caller display alerts me to the fact that I shouldn't answer it.

I like that unfortunately my phone doesn't do that.

Now there's a thing. I bought one of those BT call blocker things as we were being plagued with nuisance calls. You can turn the blocker on or off

This one works by asking the caller to give their number and if they do then a call comes through asking if you want to accept. After the first time it allows the call straight through and builds up a list of allowed callers. If you refuse then they are blocked. I explained this to my wife who promptly indicated that it was far too much fuss to have people questioned and decided to TURN OFF the blocker.

I saw one which has a built in list of umbers it blocks then she. You get a nuicence call you back g up then press a button and it blocks the number, it still a nous me there is such a list and the phone companies could stop these calls coming through but don't.

I saw one which has a built in list of numbers it blocks then if you get a nuicence call you hang up then press a button and it blocks the number, it still annoys me there is such a list and the phone companies could stop these calls coming through but don't.

This all reminds me of quote from a Half Man Half Biscuit track:
"Opinionated weather forecasters, telling me it going to be miserable.
Miserable to who? I quite like a bit of drizzle so stick to the facts"

I had forgotten how much weather men/women annoy me too.

"Its going to be a lovely sunny day today" well not for me its not stuck in a cab with no air con and sitting in miles of traffic jams in the lakes :mad: i don't listen to the weather report to hear your opinion just tell me (guess) what the weather is likely to do for the rest of the day then p**s off.

I love this thread.

Latest posts

Back