• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale: Igloo mash tun with manifold and extras

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeyboy79

Reaction score
Hi,

I built (what I think is) a great mash tun, and used it very successfully for a about 6 brews. However, for multiple reasons im changing to a BM/GF soon so its for sale.

Its an igloo 49L mash tun, and the manifold was built using the guidelines in John Palmers guide.

It comes with a ball valve and some silicone tubing for draining, and I will dig out any spare washers I have.

So far I have only batch sparged, but I started making a copper sparge manifold also included, and all the bits are cut & holes drilled, just never got around to soldering or quite figuring out how to attach it to the tun. (not to be confused with the manifold pics, sparge has holes, manifold has slits).

With all the bits of copper and ball valve, tubing, conectors, this cost well over £100, but Im looking for £60 or an offer,

Pickup from Bury (North Manchester)

Cheers, Ian

P1010039.jpg

P1010044.jpg

P1010036.jpg

P1010037.jpg

P1010038.jpg

Last edited:
@monkeyboy79 - We recently posted the sticky thread below in this forum, you are 5 posts off the total but as you have been here a while and have used the forum for non sales discussion we will let this and the boiler one go. :thumb:

A message to all sellers from the mod team.

Over the past few months the mod team have noticed an increasing number of people registering to sell their home brew related items with no intention of giving anything back in return, we never had a rule about this so have decided as of today anyone wanting to sell here must have a post count of at least 20, please note spamming the forum with posts just to get to 20 will not end well. (Sales posts are not counted towards the total)

Anyone in breach of the rule will have their advert removed and will be contacted by a moderator.

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=69522

Hi, sorry I didn't know this, In the mean time before seeing this I added another sale, I promise there will be no more!

My apologies, Ian

Hi, sorry I didn't know this, In the mean time before seeing this I added another sale, I promise there will be no more!

My apologies, Ian

I wouldn't worry. Both items are a bargain and 20 posts is a pretty low bar. You could exceed it just by having a gentle discussion on the virtues of bleach.

My apologies, Ian

No problem Ian i saw the other advert before i posted the message above so was aware you had two sales running, we posted the new rule to try to stop people signing up just to sell stuff and believe me there have been many, we think a 20 post count is fair so for the time being we will stick to it but not rigidly as we haven't here. :thumb:

I wouldn't worry. Both items are a bargain and 20 posts is a pretty low bar. You could exceed it just by having a gentle discussion on the virtues of bleach.

We think we got that covered in the new rule. :wink:

anyone wanting to sell here must have a post count of at least 20, please note spamming the forum with posts just to get to 20 will not end well.

Well I've had zero interest in this or my other items, any suggestions? Are the prices too high or just a too limited an audience here, didn't want to go the ebay route as I want to sell to someone who has brewing knowledge, so they know what they are buying. Can anyone suggest other places to sell these things?
Many thanks, Monkeyboy (Ian)

Well I've had zero interest in this or my other items, any suggestions? Are the prices too high or just a too limited an audience here, didn't want to go the ebay route as I want to sell to someone who has brewing knowledge, so they know what they are buying. Can anyone suggest other places to sell these things?
Many thanks, Monkeyboy (Ian)
eBay itll fly at that price with a bit of postage:thumb:90 quid the going rate new

Latest posts

Back