Hello

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pazza

Reaction score
Just a quick hello, never tried home brewing before so looking for good advice from seasoned folk.
As I type I have a Coopers Stout 21l (with 1kg brewing sugar, 500g medium spraymalt 1058 OG) and a Wilko cervesa 22l (1kg brewing sugar, 500g light spraymalt 1056 OG) cooling before I add the yeast so fingers crossed!:drink:

How bloody long does it take to get the FV down to 18-20???? Cant wait to get the yeast in!

And here is the lesson all home-brewers learn the hard way - Patience. :lol:

You will find that patience is the best advise given in home brew , look at the thread for new members telling how to make kits dont follow the instructions time wise. chippy will give you the thread :thumb:

I'll second chippy on patience. Think of it as the best beer is the most matured. Like a MILF.

I've got a MILF but i hope to enjoy the beer more often without having to charm it first!

if well matured beer is like a MILF then i have a garage full of MILFS whey hey its trouser down time , i can only dream, the old girl still looks ok( pushing 60yr )when shes dolled up, You can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig :nono:

Haha, does the fact I've started homebrew and planning a mancave/Pazbah mean I'm tiring of my sub 40 yo MILF?

Just a quick hello, never tried home brewing before so looking for good advice from seasoned folk.
As I type I have a Coopers Stout 21l (with 1kg brewing sugar, 500g medium spraymalt 1058 OG) and a Wilko cervesa 22l (1kg brewing sugar, 500g light spraymalt 1056 OG) cooling before I add the yeast so fingers crossed!:drink:

Welcome, I will personally suggest that you don't keep opening up your FV's (fermenting vessels) to take gravity readings every couple days as you risk infection.

Follow the 2-2-2 method
2 weeks in primary - check gravity reading has gone down to what the yeast your using should - if so bottle or keg ( if bottling batch priming in another barrel will be easiest)
2 weeks in a warm location to carb up( not in direct sunlight)
2 weeks in a cool location to infuse the carbon dioxide in ya brew so you don't just fizz when it's opened

Latest posts

Back