Super simple 1st AG recipe please?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R-J-M

Reaction score
Morning everyone :)

I've finally got my hands on a large converted mash tun, sparge bar, wort chiller and a 30L tea urn/Boiler (plus LOADS of homebrew kit equipment) so hopefully everything I need to crack on with my first brew!

I've read through the recipes page on here and it all looks very exciting, but also confusing. Please can somebody provide the most basic recipe and guide for an IPA? Ideally a 23L batch.

For a basic English type IPA, you could just mash about 5-6kg of pale malt @ 66C, then boil enough EKG for 60 mins to give you about 50 IBUs - ferment with english ale yeast

Get some brewing software like Brewer's Friend, it'll help you with your IBUs, ABV etc.

My best brew to date was an American IPA that I pretty much made up myself with a little help from a few recipes I had looked up. 10g each of Citra and Simcoe for 60mins, 10g of each for 20mins and 30g of each at flameout. I fermenter with US-05 then dry hopped with 50g of each for 5 days.

Latest posts

Back