5gal cider kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazymullet

Reaction score
Hi all. Been getting some good tips. Good reading indeed.
Got a 5gallon kit nearly fermented out its at 1002 atm, SG was 1044 still got some burping. So will check tomorrow. I did doctor a standard kit. Added 3l of apple juice and took out 250g of sugar. So should achieve normal kit FG which I believe is 996-1000. I am fermenting and racking from one FV. Don't have the space and luxury of two FV. It does have a little bottler. I have a question though. When do I add priming solution. Before or after adding finings as I believe this helps compact the trub. Thus less **** dragged through.
Cheers
8678ba050ab9a6441ef0fa820436c223.jpg

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Cider clears quite quickly on it's own so you shouldn't need to add finings unless you have added some other stuff, if you do add them then you prime once you have added finings and racked, you do not want to be adding priming sugar/solution onto trub as it will only cloud the cider up again when you mix it in. Fermentation will start straight away again once priming sugar is added so it's basically the last thing you want to do before bottling.

Latest posts

Back