Wilkos cerveza bottled yesterday looks terrible HELP!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLGMIlson

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

After fermenting for two weeks and the addition of a bag of malt extract I bottled yesterday.

I'm going your going to say that this is normal!!

It looks bloody awful

Should it look at this stage like a cloudy yellowish orange juice

I've put 8 bottles in fridge the others are in a create in the kitchen

Suggestions please

Thank you everybody

When did you put the bag of malt in?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Hello everyone.

After fermenting for two weeks and the addition of a bag of malt extract I bottled yesterday.

I'm going your going to say that this is normal!!

It looks bloody awful

Suggestions please

Thank you everybody
You're going to say this is normal? You bet I am, what do you expect after a days packaging? Crystal clear beer?.patience is a virtue that in home brewing brings its rewards.Take a chill pill and relax friend

Suggestions please

Thank you everybody

It certainly should! And take those bottles outta the fridge or they will never carbonate! Give it a couple of weeks and all will become clear ( that's a pun, that is ).

Bottled my Cerveza yesterday, it looks like a morning sample after a good night on the beer! Mine was done with 1kg brewing sugar and 500g light spraymalt

Suggestions please
1. I assume you used the correct amount of priming sugar for your Cerveza. I would have used about three quarters tsp table sugar per 500ml bottle.
2. If 1 above is OK, put all your bottles in a warm (20*C ish) place for 7-14 days to allow the priming sugar to be converted to CO2 (and a little alcohol). At the end of this period your beer will start to clear.
3. Next put your bottles in a cool place, ideally a fridge but no probs if you cant do that, for about two months. Along the way, say one month in, you might sample one.
4. After two months is up your beer should be ready to drink but might benefit for longer conditioning.
Making decent beer is something you can't rush, and nowhere as short as the kit instructions would have you believe.

Latest posts

Back