Adding essence for flavour

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeardyBrew

Reaction score
Good afternoon brewers.

I'm fairly new to the game but have so far had a hit and miss lager and a pretty tasty wheat beer.

I've currently got a Mexican style beer on the go. I was thinking of adding some spirit essence to a few bottles as an experiment.

Has anyone had any joy with this?

I've purchased a rum spirit essence. Designed for adding to vodka or distilled spirts. Do you think this would work in beer?

Some Essences do work with beer, depending on taste ie chocolate, vanilla , ginger, Rum with stout. but you wouldnt put these in Lager or IPA, maybe raspberry or some fruit flavors might work with lighter beers. Your Rum Essence would work with a full bodied rich stout. but not with Lager. Work to your own taste and add it to say half pint of beer until it tastes good then you know how much you will need for a batch but if it tastes ****e you have only lost half pint.

Rum lager is an actual thing.

As Tanzanite says, add a little bit to a small portion of your beer and see how you get on. Might be awesome, might be terrible. This is what home brewing is all about!

Rum lager is an actual thing.

As Tanzanite says, add a little bit to a small portion of your beer and see how you get on. Might be awesome, might be terrible. This is what home brewing is all about!

Rum Lager is a new one one me . :lol: love rum and Lager just done 160 pints of Oktoberfest. (well love all beer really) but never thought they would be ideal to mix , unless chasing a double rum with lager :lol:

Cubanisto is the big brand available in most shops. I cant guarantee you'll like it but it does make drinking rum and lager less complicated! LOL!

Latest posts

Back