Mobiles and driving.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The new £200 fine and 6 penalty points obviously isn't working so time to introduce a months ban which i think would stop all but the determined.

wwwww.jpg

Lancs Road Police‏Verified @LancsRoadPolice 2 minutes ago

Driver of this van spotted using mobile phone to make a video call whilst driving on the M61. TOR issued. #Team1RPU @NWmwaypolice

DAcfT8MXYAIaZut.jpg

driving when you are on the phone should be a big ban and a spell in prison as you are in charge a lethal weapon which can kill
when you are not in full control of what you are driving

I was on a bus today an saw a yung woman driving down the other side of the road texting at the same time, Looking up and down at the phone in her lap and at the road again. I was with a client at the time and he immediatly said, thats 6 points on your lisence and a £200 fine. My client has a learning disability so if he knows not to do it and what the penalty is, how hard is it for this woman?

I work on an industrial estate and while having a well earned brew I seen some chap in a flat bed truck go past on his phone towing a car with a rope with some other bloke in it....

I was on a bus today an saw a yung woman driving down the other side of the road texting at the same time, Looking up and down at the phone in her lap and at the road again. I was with a client at the time and he immediatly said, thats 6 points on your lisence and a ��£200 fine. My client has a learning disability so if he knows not to do it and what the penalty is, how hard is it for this woman?

I see it often as being in a truck i am above car drivers and thats why i said in the OP the fine is not working and an immediate ban is the only thing that will stop the majority.

A couple of days ago I was driving behind a young bloke who had a fag in one hand and was flicking the ash out the window every few seconds while holding his phone in the other hand which he was talking on while speeding. Every time he flicked his ash he was not in control and nearly went off the road twice. I was of course doing the speed limit....ok, maybe a bot more and he was pulling away from me while doing this. I even memorised his number plate in case I saw him involved in a crash.

It must be simple to stop phones working above 10mph but the phone companies will not do it as they fear customers will switch in an instant if they do.

The worry is for every one thy catch thousands get away with it all accidents waiting to happen.

Also they need to put points on push chairs more than once i have seen a silly women shove the push chair into the road when stopping at the kerb, shes standing on the edge of the kerb and the push chair sticking out , because shes obsessed with the phone.

Latest posts

Back