Manchester attack: 22 dead and 59 hurt in suicide bombing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Making a bomb that goes off when (and only when) you want it to is not easy, and there is a very limited number people in the country who know how to do it. The authorities know who most, if not all, of these people are. If you decided that you wanted to make one there's every chance that you'd end up contacting one of these people, whose communications are monitored. Bingo, you're on the radar.

The chance of being caught up in a particular attack at a particular location remains very very low, so we shouldn't worry unduly. Be alert, report anything untoward but don't over-react.

So all these muslim males wandering in from Europe dont know how to make bombs mmmmmm i bet a few do???

Theresa May or any other leader can't stop it, and worrying about it won't stop it either. We can't live in lockdown, nor would we want to. The terrorists won't win; they never do. More people will die, more terrorists will be eradicated, and it will go on ad nauseum.

You are right the terrorists wont win but they will carry on killing innocent people wherever and whenever they want to and we can do nothing to stop them, having seen several videos of the Arndale evacuation today and seeing the fear on the faces of the people evacuated all i can say is i am so glad i do not live in a city.

My point is they are winning and everyone knows it does she really think us plebs are so thick we haven't sussed that out? i wonder how many parents of the the 12000 plus ticket holders for Kendal calling like me and SWMBO are today wishing they had sold out the day their kids booked.

If you read the forum description it says "This is the place for all non brewing chat" many members post here why should it be removed just because you do not like certain topics, no one forces you visit!

Still don't get your point........everybody has plans every day of their lives, do you expect everyone to just lock the door and never go out again ??

As others have said, it's not win or lose and EVERY political leader has to come out and say what she said after any atrocity anywhere in this sick world !

Duh.........I know I don't need to click on topics in the Snug but sometimes, just sometimes there are some witty or interesting posts, it's a shame that after such a terrible night people have to make cheap political points !!

Now, I feel I need to get back on track and have a beer while I await the predictable replies :thumb:

As others have said, it's not win or lose and EVERY political leader has to come out and say what she said after any atrocity anywhere in this sick world !

The point is politicians do my head in they spew out meaningless tripe whenever anything like this happens and no one believes a word, "we wont let the terrorists win" yea right try telling that to all the families effected today, they can blow innocent people up whenever they want to and they will continue to do so, that to them is the win.

"The terrorists wont win"

Someone shouts bomb and they evacuate the Arndale look at the faces on these people and hear the fear in their voices today they have achieved what they set out to do terrorise a city.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4_KsyUcews[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeSUnnOMQ0o[/ame]

The point is politicians do my head in they spew out meaningless tripe whenever anything like this happens and no one believes a word, "we wont let the terrorists win" yea right try telling that to all the families effected today, they can blow innocent people up whenever they want to and they will continue to do so, that to them is the win.

They cannot just blow people up when they want as lots of attacks are stopped and teh odd one gets through. Yes they will continue to try but they will fail more often than they succeed.
They can fail 99 times and celebrate 1 victory whereas the authorities have to win every time or there is a tragic outcome but they will still keep trying thei best!

They cannot just blow people up when they want as lots of attacks are stopped and teh odd one gets through. Yes they will continue to try but they will fail more often than they succeed.
They can fail 99 times and celebrate 1 victory whereas the authorities have to win every time or there is a tragic outcome but they will still keep trying thei best!

Law of averages says there going to succeed at some point and every time they do is a win in there eyes.

Home grown my friend the country is full of them, Religion is the cancer of the world, the difference being Religion is invented rubbish to control the people, both can kill you. Can you really blame groups like the BNP and vigilante groups, things like this feed them, can you blame gangs of our young men going out and burning a few mosques on a friday when its full of people worshiping . Because this is what it will come to.

It seems he was home grown but that doesn't really answer any of the questions.

They cannot just blow people up when they want as lots of attacks are stopped and teh odd one gets through.!

I have heard this many times and i do not believe a word of it where is the evidence and its not just blowing people up they are now using trucks and cars what next.

So all these muslim males wandering in from Europe dont know how to make bombs mmmmmm i bet a few do???
Oh dear. Funny how politicians stopped using this line after their desired brexit vote was achieved. Were they just playing on your fears? Terrorism comes in many guises.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

DAg9tpxWAAElooY.jpg

Manchester Police appeal for dash-cam footage -

Police investigating last night’s horrific attack at the Manchester arena are appealing to anyone who was in Manchester city centre between 8pm and 11pm and has dash-cam footage to send it as a matter of urgency to https://ukpoliceimageappeal.co.uk/

I have heard this many times and i do not believe a word of it where is the evidence and its not just blowing people up they are now using trucks and cars what next.

This may sound stupid BUT here goes anyway.
Every time they get a 1 in 100 it's a win and every time we stop an attack it's a win so we get 99 they get 1 however that 1 matters more to us than it does to them because we value people's lives and our families' in particular

I suppose it depends if you are a glass half full or half empty type of guy and I choose to carry on believing that we are doing all we can and although someone may get killed it may not be me or mine at all. I do not mean this to sound callous I think it is just realistic and glass half full as there is little other option!

So Chippy_Tea, don't tell me in your administrator role you start removing posts........Tanzanite insults me, I reply and suddenly both posts are gone, not really an open forum is it ???

Tell me it isn't so..........

So Chippy_Tea, don't tell me in your administrator role you start removing posts........Tanzanite insults me, I reply and suddenly both posts are gone, not really an open forum is it ???

Tell me it isn't so..........

You replied with a personal insult (breaking rule number one here) so all posts were removed at the same time, i think that was the fairest way to handle it don't you?

Just for the record Tanzanite has not complained!

You replied with a personal insult (breaking rule number one here) so all posts were removed at the same time, i think that was the fairest way to handle it don't you?

Just for the record Tanzanite has not complained!

Hold on, he called me a 'smart ****' for some reason, all I said in reply was he was an idiot and that was why it was better to chat about beer and not politics.......

See what happens if you start up a thread like this and express your views, you open a can of worms !

Maybe the 'snug' should stick with the 'recommend me a TV series' rather than hot political issues ??

Hold on, he called me a 'smart ****' for some reason, all I said in reply was he was an idiot and that was why it was better to chat about beer and not politics...

Personal insults are not allowed as i linked to in my last post so both posts were removed i really didn't think i needed to explain my position on this again.

See what happens if you start up a thread like this and express your views, you open a can of worms !

Members are entitled to give their views on topics in the snug and i have no regrets on starting this one what they are not allowed to do is insult each other, we have a reputation of being a friendly place and if keeping that reputation means we enforce the rules so be it.

Maybe the 'snug' should stick with the 'recommend me a TV series' rather than hot political issues ??

Strange you are the only one who keeps suggesting this (a few times in this thread) maybe you should stick to viewing 'recommend me a TV series' type threads and refrain from viewing topics that you feel may be too hot!

My son lives in Paris and worked in the next street to the Charlie Hebdo attacks. When something happens I automatically think of him and confirm he is safe but realistically the chances of being in a terror attack are less than getting hit by a car and we still cross roads daily.

Anywhere and anyone could be a target, it has not stopped me travelling to Paris as it is extremely unlikely that "it will be me this time". It may well be but I refuse to live with that fear allowing it to stop my normal activity, once you start doing that they really have won.
I totally agree.Ive grown up in Northern Ireland throughout the troubles with the fear of getting shot,bombed,battered by all sides of the community but still having to get on with your life.
It's turmoil for those affected and you just don't when or how these events happen and I know the feeling.
Unfortunately terrorism shall never go away.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

One down(killed mimself) hundreds(probably) to go. Who knows how many terrorists are in the country!. Too late now to try and shut the gate,the horse has bolted.
What i can't stand is the fact that the security forces know who the people from whom possible threats might come from but as a country we can't sling em out as they have human rights:twisted:.
Just glad that i almost certainly will not be alive in 20 odd years time and fear for my kids and more so my grandchildren as they will be living in an essentially foreign country and almost certainly as a Christian minority.

Hold on, he called me a 'smart ****' for some reason, all I said in reply was he was an idiot and that was why it was better to chat about beer and not politics.......

You sound like a typical modern liberal, as soon as things are said that don't conform to your personal narrative, you try to get people shut down and silenced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back