Manchester attack: 22 dead and 59 hurt in suicide bombing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personal insults are not allowed as i linked to in my last post so both posts were removed i really didnt think i meeded to explain my position on this again.

Just a quick check, given the title of the thread, can we at least be a little bit disrespectful and insulting to the terrorists?

1 to the terrorists as we're now allowing them to disrupt the harmony of this forum.
Sad times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 to the terrorists as we're now allowing them to disrupt the harmony of this forum.
Sad times.

Strollon15 requested his account be deleted harmony will now return to the snug (at least for the next few minutes) :lol:

Strollon15 requested his account be deleted harmony will now return to the snug (at least for the next few minutes)

Indeed. And for the record this part of the forum works nicely for me. When everyone keeps tight hold of their rattles anyway ... or if they don't, nobody cries lol.

Indeed. And for the record this part of the forum works nicely for me. When everyone keeps tight hold of their rattles anyway ... or if they don't, nobody cries lol.

Well i'm just about to sling me dummy out as well:mrgreen:

Sad times.

:nono:One, na, loads more than one:twisted:
The mere fact that daily life has been disrupted(let alone loss of life) is enought for them. Extended news coverage(imho) also must give them great pleasure,they are getting the limelight that they crave. Whilst i don't for one minute think that these things should not be reported i simply can't agree with the amount of extended coverage that these terror attacks get,again it's giving the b######s what they crave.

The mere fact that daily life has been disrupted(let alone loss of life) is enought for them. Extended news coverage(imho) also must give them great pleasure,they are getting the limelight that they crave. Whilst i don't for one minute think that these things should not be reported i simply can't agree with the amount of extended coverage that these terror attacks get,again it's giving the b######s what they crave.

Chub 1 gets it in one. Publicity is the oxygen for terrorists. Didn't​ the UK have a ban on reporting the troubles to deny IRA publicity?

Can you remember when Thatcher stopped the voices of the IRA being broadcast and were voiced by actors, the whole thing descended into farce. I think hiding these things would have the effect of pretending it's not happening and more importantly would be disrespectful to the victims and their families.This gives ISIS the impression that w don't want to talk about it and we are changing our ways.

It's little solace but we have to believe that THEY will never win, we may lose people but Manchester, London, Paris among others will not be cowed and the terrorists have to know that loud and clear!

Turned off the bloody TV. Sitting listening to the total s###e being spouted by the news coverage:twisted:
Just heard they are wondering why a young man who came here with parents as refugees should do this:doh:
Cos he's a terrorist for christ sake!. Dare say the parents will say they can't understand it as he was a good boy!!!

Can you really blame groups like the BNP and vigilante groups, things like this feed them, can you blame gangs of our young men going out and burning a few mosques on a friday when its full of people worshiping . Because this is what it will come to.

I disagree with it.

I won't tolerate it.

Not in my name. 100%

One down(killed mimself) hundreds(probably) to go. Who knows how many terrorists are in the country!. Too late now to try and shut the gate,the horse has bolted.
What i can't stand is the fact that the security forces know who the people from whom possible threats might come from but as a country we can't sling em out as they have human rights:twisted:.
Just glad that i almost certainly will not be alive in 20 odd years time and fear for my kids and more so my grandchildren as they will be living in an essentially foreign country and almost certainly as a Christian minority.

If they are Christian, they're already in a minority.

Turned off the bloody TV. Sitting listening to the total s###e being spouted by the news coverage:twisted:
Just heard they are wondering why a young man who came here with parents as refugees should do this:doh:
Cos he's a terrorist for christ sake!. Dare say the parents will say they can't understand it as he was a good boy!!!

This guy was born in Britain, his parents were refugees. This alone does not make him a terrorist otherwise we have lost already. Thankfully there are millions of people who were born here of migrant parents or are second/third generation and are still not terrorists.

We have to accept that it is only some born here who choose , yes choose, this path to "eternal happiness" Look at those who joined ISIS some are white middle class and they became radicalised by the fundamental doctrines of extremists. Please note I did not say extremist islamists as this is not usually the case, it is extremists who purport to follow the doctrine of Islam but make it up as they go along. Again as I said above there are millions who follow Islam who do not believe all the nonsense espoused by ISIS but they and their religion get the blame.

I myself am not religious , I do believe it leads to division and strife however in the case of ISIS religion is being used as a cause for people who are fundamental nutters, if Islam did not exist then they would find something else to follow to exercise their lust for violence. To me it's a bit like the IRA in the 70s, some of them were true followers of that cause but a lot were simply criminals using it for gain and hatred against others.

I am not preaching or apologising for any particular religious groups in this blurb, this is just me putting my thoughts down on paper. I think it is just too simplistic to blame it all on Islamic refugees and migrant as there is only a small sub group within them who choose that path. Look to the individuals , they are flawed people looking for a cause to follow.

This guy was born in Britain, his parents were refugees. This alone does not make him a terrorist otherwise we have lost already. Thankfully there are millions of people who were born here of migrant parents or are second/third generation and are still not terrorists.

We have to accept that it is only some born here who choose , yes choose, this path to "eternal happiness" Look at those who joined ISIS some are white middle class and they became radicalised by the fundamental doctrines of extremists. Please note I did not say extremist islamists as this is not usually the case, it is extremists who purport to follow the doctrine of Islam but make it up as they go along. Again as I said above there are millions who follow Islam who do not believe all the nonsense espoused by ISIS but they and their religion get the blame.

I myself am not religious , I do believe it leads to division and strife however in the case of ISIS religion is being used as a cause for people who are fundamental nutters, if Islam did not exist then they would find something else to follow to exercise their lust for violence. To me it's a bit like the IRA in the 70s, some of them were true followers of that cause but a lot were simply criminals using it for gain and hatred against others.

I am not preaching or apologising for any particular religious groups in this blurb, this is just me putting my thoughts down on paper. I think it is just too simplistic to blame it all on Islamic refugees and migrant as there is only a small sub group within them who choose that path. Look to the individuals , they are flawed people looking for a cause to follow.

100% spot on reasonable, common sense.

A picture paints a thousand words!

_96179622_hi039654813.jpg

Muslim men prayed for victims of the attack at a mosque in the city.

BBC News.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back