Stevie123s brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was last minute and had two kids with me, and had six hours driving. I'll come up some time when I finish work.

Oh kids lol , why do they like jam? yeah that would be good then il take you to my local and show you what bad ales are:rofl: you will never ever moan again about a pint

I'm not driving up there to drink bad ales. :thumb:

I'm not driving up there to drink bad ales. :thumb:
NOO i said id take you to my local for a pint to show you bad ales lol, if you drink bad ales in my home you have no one to blame but yourself Mr Clibit

Ps you can not dress like your avatar security will not let you in :doh:

I know what bad pub beer is like. :mrgreen:

I'll leave the cape at home. Wear an old coat over the rest of the gear.

How did your 7 brews in 7 days go SteveJ? Or is it in a different thread?

Had a sample of my latest brew the T58 one, its looking very clear lovely and dark, smells amazing tastes really good so far lovely caramel notes and the hop combo is awesome, for a brew that started as a sham its turning out very well, would have loved to have said it was intentional:lol:

!0.000 just a quick thankyou to all the forum members for reading my thread, thanks so much guys n girls for following :cheers:

I'm going to rack into secondary today. So will post current readings this afternoon. It seems to have slowed down though after quite a vigarous start.

Fingers crossed.

Just moved it into secondary. Very little loss as the yeast had formed quite a solid cake, plus the very fine matter that made it through the bag.

Yeast was the MJ M03 so....

Starting at 1.068 it is now at 1.02

So 6.3% so far attention at around 69% so let's hope for a few more points before kegging.

Pretty happy with it. Tastes great but a few esters of alchohol / acetone are there in the background. But by no means not undrinkable or infected (I hope)

So first BIAB dark beer for me with an experimental 'risky' yeast.

But of age and I'm sure it will be wonderful.

Bit of a epic day today, made this IPA thank you Mr Clibit yet again for the recipe

IPA

Batch Size (L): 19.0
Original Gravity (OG): 1.049
Final Gravity (FG): 1.011
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 5.01 %
Colour (SRM): 9.4
Bitterness (IBU): 55.9

3.500 kg Pale Malt (90.21%)
0.200 kg Wheat Malt (5.15%)
0.150 kg Crystal 40 (3.87%)
0.030 kg Black Malt (0.77%)

Hop Bill
----------------
20.0 g Cluster Leaf (9.2% Alpha) @ 45 Minutes
20.0 g Cascade Leaf (9.2% Alpha) @ 20 Minutes
20.0 g Centennial Leaf (11.5% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes
25.0 g Amarillo Leaf (8.9% Alpha) @ 5 Minutes
20.0 g Citra Leaf (14.4% Alpha) @ 5 Minutes
25.0 g Amarillo Leaf (8.9% Alpha) @ 0 Days (Dry Hop)
25.0 g Citra Leaf (14.4% Alpha) @ 0 Days (Dry Hop)

5 g Irish Moss @ 15 Minutes (Boil)
Tsp gypsum in mash
Tsp gypsum in boil

Mash at 66°C for 60 Minutes.
Ferment at 20°C with Safale US-05

Citra was replaced with Simcoe due to running out.

Also bottled 14 ltrs of Brewferm Xmas ale and 20Ltrs of RGJ and Strawberry wine

Used T58 a few times. according to fermentis its high alcohol tolarance and high fruitiness. medium attenuation , flocculation & spices

rehydrated for a 1071 og beer now at 1014. at 21 deg c its taken 21 days to get to 1014. still getting a bubble every 15 secs

it's slower fermenting than safale abbeye :evil: which is mental and should always be used with a blow off tube and piles of headspace.

note: think abbaye has been renamed be-256, the specs look the same.

Used T58 a few times. according to fermentis its high alcohol tolarance and high fruitiness. medium attenuation , flocculation & spices

rehydrated for a 1071 og beer now at 1014. at 21 deg c its taken 21 days to get to 1014. still getting a bubble every 15 secs

it's slower fermenting than safale abbeye :evil: which is mental and should always be used with a blow off tube and piles of headspace.

note: think abbaye has been renamed be-256, the specs look the same.

My T58 brew went like the clappers Dad, going to bottle during the week had a couple samples think its going to be a real nice ale, bought a few packs of it as it was in a sale at THBC all in all impressed so far

Bit of a epic day today, made this IPA thank you Mr Clibit yet again for the recipe

IPA

Batch Size (L): 19.0
Original Gravity (OG): 1.049
Final Gravity (FG): 1.011
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 5.01 %
Colour (SRM): 9.4
Bitterness (IBU): 55.9

3.500 kg Pale Malt (90.21%)
0.200 kg Wheat Malt (5.15%)
0.150 kg Crystal 40 (3.87%)
0.030 kg Black Malt (0.77%)

Hop Bill
----------------
20.0 g Cluster Leaf (9.2% Alpha) @ 45 Minutes
20.0 g Cascade Leaf (9.2% Alpha) @ 20 Minutes
20.0 g Centennial Leaf (11.5% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes
25.0 g Amarillo Leaf (8.9% Alpha) @ 5 Minutes
20.0 g Citra Leaf (14.4% Alpha) @ 5 Minutes
25.0 g Amarillo Leaf (8.9% Alpha) @ 0 Days (Dry Hop)
25.0 g Citra Leaf (14.4% Alpha) @ 0 Days (Dry Hop)

5 g Irish Moss @ 15 Minutes (Boil)
Tsp gypsum in mash
Tsp gypsum in boil

Mash at 66°C for 60 Minutes.
Ferment at 20°C with Safale US-05

Citra was replaced with Simcoe due to running out.

Also bottled 14 ltrs of Brewferm Xmas ale and 20Ltrs of RGJ and Strawberry wine

Another 7 days to go to bottle day, had first sample today and its awsome! bought some more Citra so planning on dry hopping might do a huge dry hop:razz:

T58 brew quick pic

T58.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back