Kölsch question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonnal

Brewster
Reaction score
I put on a batch of Kölsch about 2 weeks ago using the Greg Hughes recipe and the Wyeast 2565 Kölsch yeast. Although it appears to have finished as it's been down at 1012 for the last few days, the Krausen hasn't gone away at all and it smells a bit eggy. Having said that it tastes wonderful from the trial jar.

Has anyone else had a similar experience using this recipe or yeast? I usually leave my brews in the FV for 3 weeks so I'm quite happy to leave it alone for a while longer.

Cheers

Sounds ok to me. I would also raise the temp to 19 for a diacytle (not sure if spellings right!) rest to clean up the taste and then on to the lagering. I made one this summer and my German friends from Cologne verified its taste! Lovely clean and fresh tasting! I left mine for 4 weeks at 0.5c

Quick update. It turned out really well. Delicious in fact. Pic below.

image.jpg

I brewed a Kolsch clone a while ago and it did stink a bit before I bottled it but it tasted great.Very pleased with it and I`ll be doing another very soon.

Latest posts

Back