Christmas Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YorkshireBrew

Reaction score
Family and friends are already starting to mention that dreaded 'C' word. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't even consider talking about it until December, but I've come to realise that when making your own beer, a certain degree of forward planning is needed to make sure that the drink can reach its optimum flavour in time for any event.

I've invested in a brew belt today to avoid heavy energy bills as the colder weather creeps in. So now all that is left to decide is what to brew for the festive period.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Ideally I would like something which reminds you of Christmas. Possibly with hints of citrus and cinammon, but not something too rich or spiced that you can't manage more than a couple of bottles before being turned off.

Family and friends are already starting to mention that dreaded 'C' word. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't even consider talking about it until December, but I've come to realise that when making your own beer, a certain degree of forward planning is needed to make sure that the drink can reach its optimum flavour in time for any event.

I've invested in a brew belt today to avoid heavy energy bills as the colder weather creeps in. So now all that is left to decide is what to brew for the festive period.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Ideally I would like something which reminds you of Christmas. Possibly with hints of citrus and cinammon, but not something too rich or spiced that you can't manage more than a couple of bottles before being turned off.

What kind of beers do you normally drink?

The problem with Old Ale / Winter Ale / Cristmas Ale / Strong Ale is they're rarely easy to drink. A couple of pints & you're done with it. Are you asking for kit suggestions? Recipes? Would it be extract or grain?

brewed that on tue night smell was amazing :thumb:

untitled.png

Latest posts

Back