Lemon drop hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
Anyone tried them?.
Just had an email from Geterbrewed saying that they are new in!. Tempted to order some up when i need some other bits.
Think i have answered my own question. Just ben told by a brewer in the USA that they found they dissapointing,however two other guys have praised them.
Think i will give em a bash

Anyone tried them?.
Just had an email from Geterbrewed saying that they are new in!. Tempted to order some up when i need some other bits.
Think i have answered my own question. Just ben told by a brewer in the USA that they found they dissapointing,however two other guys have praised them.
Think i will give em a bash

Sounds interesting let us know how they are.. like you say you never know unless you try.

i find Styrian Goldings a "little" lemony but herby too.

I'm about to place an order with them so may give a 50g baggy a go.

Just need to look out the discount code. 😁

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ive got a lemon drop saison a few days away from bottling so a few weeks from tasting yet.
From what ive read there meant to be cascade like, so that'll get my vote.
Also brewed them along with lemon and lime peel so maybe I wont be able to tell how much lemon comes through..

Hi
from what I have read on these is that they are a subtle flavour and can be overpowered by other hops so would use with like type hops or in reasonably large amounts. I have found the same with mandarina bavaria they are lovely orange but will get lost with stronger hops say like citra

I am planning a Lemon Drop SMaSH as I have 100g that I wish to use and see how they impart flavour/aroma. Going to go for a hugely hoppy IPA strength so hopefully will be a good example. Likely to brew Thursday/Friday.

Back