Large outbreaks of disorder?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
According to the BBC, a "Senior Police Officer" has warned that ...

"Due to Budget Cuts, the Police Forces in England and Wales would face
a real challenge in dealing with large outbreaks of disorder."

What exactly constitutes a "large outbreak of disorder"? Is it when people get together to protest at the actions of their government? Is it when people get together to protest about their working conditions?

Does this Senior Police Officer know something that we don't?

Are the Police about to have a rally to protest about the massive cuts to Police Budgets! :whistle: :whistle:

Ah, the joys of France!

I well remember, a few years back, a series of riots in France against budget cuts where the various members of society gathered together to throw cobblestones at the Gendarmes.

Things calmed down for a while, and then the Gendarmes themselves went on strike. :thumb: :thumb:

I was intrigued at what form the "demonstration" would take but my satellite TV delivered the goods; and I watched a group of Gendarmes rather half-heartedly throwing cobblestones at the Military personnel who had been deployed to cover the strike by the Gendarmes.

We really do take life too seriously here in the UK ... :nono:

... and at the same time, we manage to kowtow to "authority" in the most inappropriate manner. :doh:

I'm looking forward to viewing a UK based "outbreak of disorder" if it is aimed against the current government though! :thumb:

What exactly constitutes a "large outbreak of disorder"?

In Britain, you follow a simple five step process:

1. Nationwide Facebook event to organise
2. Everyone buys a megaphone.
3. Everyone stand in their front garden and says "tut" into their megaphones
4. The resulting reverberations cause Westminster to explode, and the Earth to tip off its axis and fly further away from the Sun
5. A New Ice Age is triggered. All because of coordinated tutting.

...there'll be one here in a minute! Got in after a 12 hour shift..got to take the dog to the vets as it's been sick...blah blah blah. .. £62 lighter...fair enough they can't help themselves and he's an old soldier...BUT MY TEA'S NOT READY!!!
I'm getting a beer....

Mass disorder in Britain would consist of people planning to do something, looking that the weather forecast didn't look so good, and deciding to stay at home and make a cup of tea instead.

Latest posts

Back