BT Community Fibre Partnerships

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Bringing fibre broadband to your community

If you're in part of the UK that's not included in any fibre broadband rollout plans then you've come to the right place.
We're committed to working with communities in the final 5% to find a fibre solution, and our community fibre partnership scheme is designed to enable this. A Community Fibre Partnership is where we work with a local group this could be the residents of a rural village or a block of flats in a city centre or even a group of business owners in an industrial park that isn't covered in an existing fibre upgrade plan to find a solution to bring fibre to their area.
There usually needs to be a joint funding arrangement, where we cover the costs in line with our commercial model used throughout the country and the community has the option to self-fund the remaining gap. We always look for solutions to be as affordable as possible.

As part of this scheme, BT has made £2m available via a grant for Community Fibre Partnerships that could benefit a local school.

Read more - https://communityfibre.bt.com/

Yeah right, BT want you to fund something that they install, charge line rental on and charge you to use and then fob you of when you dare complain about the standard of there **** connections. Other euro countries had 10mb connections almost 20 years ago installed as standard in new housing when BT where saying no one in the UK wanted slow broadband, no one wanted BT broadband then because is was so overpriced, iirc it was in the region of £60 pm for a 2mb connection back then. Maybe if they weren't spending time fiddling there books and actually just once took the initiative and got on with getting places connected people might start to welcome them more.

Yeah right, BT want you to fund something that they install, charge line rental on and charge you to use and then fob you of when you dare complain about the standard of there **** connections

They already have a phone line and are paying line rental, why do you surmise the connection speed is going to be ****?

I am sure if you are one of the 5% on a long line with rubbish speeds the chance to get a fibre solution is worth looking into at the end of the day you have the choice to stay as you are.

Headline grabbing 2m towards getting a school connected, yet they paid out 220m to avoid being taken to court by other businesses due to false accounting, or to use politician speak 110 schools could have benefited. From what i read a few months back regarding there crowd funding for the remote areas it is a substantial amount that they want these communities to pay out to get the upgrade as well as commitments that they will take up and stay connected with them, this is in areas where incomes are generally lower and unemployment is higher. Sorry but BT is a shining example of a company who are and have always been extremely inept since being privatised under Thatcher where they have consistently been well behind the times in regard to rolling out new products and put up substantial barriers to allowing other telecoms providers to access the lines, lines that where paid for by tax payers in the first place.

I posted this thread as a heads up for members who did not know this was an option not for members to have a rant about BT, as i said earlier -

I am sure if you are one of the 5% on a long line with rubbish speeds the chance to get a fibre solution is worth looking into at the end of the day you have the choice to stay as you are.

Latest posts

Back