The Homebrew Company

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big shout out to the homebrew company for a very quick rectification of an order I had placed for pilsner malt.I received 10kg of pale ale malt yesterday as labelled on the bags,rang them after opening the box and was told it would be here today and to keep the grain and low and behold delivered today in under 24 hrs.Top notch service.[emoji106]

I use the Homebrew Company too. Their stuff is cheaper than most suppliers, they have a big range and it's usually mostly available, orders usually arrive in good condition, plus Forum members get a discount.
BUT... they can't seem to get their act together when it comes to providing a tracking number for their couriers who usually seem to be DPD. The tracking number doesn't appear on the order details and they seem unable to either provide a number, or one that actually works . This has happened on the last three orders. So for my order apparently dispatched yesterday the number they gave me doesn't work on either the UK or Irish DPD sites and HBC haven't got back to me with the correct number even though I been waiting all day for it.
Does anyone else have this problem or is it only me :doh:

I use the Homebrew Company too. Their stuff is cheaper than most suppliers, they have a big range and it's usually mostly available, orders usually arrive in good condition, plus Forum members get a discount.
BUT... they can't seem to get their act together when it comes to providing a tracking number for their couriers who usually seem to be DPD. The tracking number doesn't appear on the order details and they seem unable to either provide a number, or one that actually works . This has happened on the last three orders. So for my order apparently dispatched yesterday the number they gave me doesn't work on either the UK or Irish DPD sites and HBC haven't got back to me with the correct number even though I been waiting all day for it.
Does anyone else have this problem or is it only me :doh:

I usually get a text message from the DPD driver on the morning of delivery giving a 1 hour time slot
They also got my order slightly wrong last time (it was a large order of many different grains)but dispatched the correct items and received within 48 hours and I got to keep a couple of kilo' sof special grain too

I usually get a text message from the DPD driver on the morning of delivery giving a 1 hour time slot
They also got my order slightly wrong last time (it was a large order of many different grains)but dispatched the correct items and received within 48 hours and I got to keep a couple of kilo' sof special grain too
That's fine. :thumb:
But since its coming from ROI it would be useful for me to know whether its likely to arrive on a particular day.
Plus my DPD man tends to arrive at the crack of dawn, and last time I may have got their message after he delivered. :doh:
I think courier tracking numbers are something you should get nowadays without a second thought especially given the value of the order. Other companies manage to do it.

Is that the company in Farnborough?
Edit,yup it is just checked my emails,bugga didn't know there was a forum discount, how much is it?

The Homebrew Company is in Ireland, you're thinking of The Home Brew Shop

I use them very regularly and just had a delivery but to be fair I live in Northern Ireland and DPD deliver within the hour slot allocated and have only had one mix up of grains which was rectified the following day and got to keep 10kg of malt.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

They do 25kg Lager malt for £19

IMG_0995.jpg

They do 25kg Lager malt for £19
I used their Minch Pale ale malt and great crush and excellent malt.
I got the Best Maltz Propino malt a few weeks back and the aroma from the grains is nice but totally different from their but light and tasty.
Fantastic prices and a cracking service from these guy's.

I used their Minch Pale ale malt and great crush and excellent malt.
I got the Best Maltz Propino malt a few weeks back and the aroma from the grains is nice but totally different from their but light and tasty.
Fantastic prices and a cracking service from these guy's.

I got my last 3 orders from them... no problems at all. The Minch Pale malt is at least as good as any I've tried and so cheap it's almost free. Huge hop selection and they're cheap too! Given the choice would you have Minch malt or Best Maltz? Been meaning to try the latter but haven't simply cos I know the Minch stuff is great.

I got my last 3 orders from them... no problems at all. The Minch Pale malt is at least as good as any I've tried and so cheap it's almost free. Huge hop selection and they're cheap too! Given the choice would you have Minch malt or Best Maltz? Been meaning to try the latter but haven't simply cos I know the Minch stuff is great.
Have only used the Best Malt last week and still haven't pitched yeast so no idea how it turnout in the beer but I definitely prefer the Minch to GEB pale ale malt and certainly have a better crush.

Back