What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been at centre Parcs all weekend. Took a mini keg of my John Bull IPA hopped with citra, a few 1l bottles of strawberry and lime TC and a year old coopers stout also 1l . Ran out of drink now. How do People deal with there kids full time!!!!!!

The wife had a few bottle of sav blanc , and she is still sipping. Must be a male gene thing

At whinfell. Only about and hour from us. The keg travelled really well.

Midweek Dutto. Sophisticated dose of bitterness.

You forgot to add "And a bit cloudy like his brain!" :laugh:

Tonight I had another litre of the Golden Pumpkin Ale. It has finally cleared but the keg is also about two-thirds empty! :thumb:

A mate tells me he can "Really taste the pumpkin." whereas for me there's just a vague hint of a pumpkin taste. I reckon that because he's years younger than me he probably still has some functioning taste-buds. :gulp:

.............. Ran out of drink now. How do People deal with there kids full time!!!!!!

............... Must be a male gene thing

That's a surefire indication of male stress! Write the answer (i.e. I've run out of beer!) and then ask the question (i.e. How do people deal with their kids full time?).

It's a well known fact that the two noises that send men into an immediate depression are the sound of a screaming kid and the sound of a vacuum cleaner!

The only known antidote (one that immediately puts the man into a relaxed and non-listening state) is for his wife to start talking to him.

BEWARE! When in this state of relaxation and non-listening, the man may often grunt an acknowledgement and unknowingly agree to a wide variety of things that he cannot deny; mainly because he simply wasn't listening when the alleged "conversation" took place!!

Enjoy the kids while you can! It won't be many years before all you get out of them are conversations that they start with "Can you gimme ....?" or "Can I borrow your ... ?" and a surly grunt of "Dunno!" to almost any question that you choose to ask them! :laugh::laugh:

Steve,

Sounds like your getting the same box as me, have you found the beers to be ok? Sometimes i think they may be a bit old, either that or I am looking for to much hop flavour. I really like getting new beers though every month.

I was pleasantly surprised by that one actually. Not very saison-y but very drinkable.

Golden Pumpkin Ale.jpg
The photograph is of Afternoon Tea (aka Golden Pumpkin Ale) that was:
  • Primed and kegged (Wilco Bottom Tap) on 22nd December.
  • On to the garage shelf to condition on the 29th December. (I urgently needed the Brew Fridge!)
  • Cleared a few days ago, but unfortunately there is now less than a third of the keg left!
Ah well, come next Halloween I'll probably start another one; availability of cheap pumpkins permitting! :thumb:

Steve,

Sounds like your getting the same box as me, have you found the beers to be ok? Sometimes i think they may be a bit old, either that or I am looking for to much hop flavour. I really like getting new beers though every month.

I was pleasantly surprised by that one actually. Not very saison-y but very drinkable.
Honestly I find the beers rather mediocre in general, though I'm not a regular customer. I only tend to get them when there's a special offer, but imo it's rare to get a really good beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back