Signing Off for a few weeks!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0632.jpg

Many thanks for the "Welcome Back" messages.

At the moment I am on a "800Kcal a Day" diet to lose some weight which is a bit unfortunate because we returned with 67 litres of wine, 15 litres of spirits and I have this lot on the shelves and in the PB's!

The "Good News" is that I have planned a system whereby I measure every Kcal that I consume until 8pm and then decide how many more I can have from the alcohol supplies before I go to bed.

So far (I have to stress that this is after only two days) I have managed 400ml of Oatmeal Stout turned into a shandy with Diet Lemonade and 100ml of Merlot Wine turned into a Spritzer with the same type of lemonade.

They tasted "okay". Not ideal by any means, but it makes it a better system than giving it up altogether.:thumb:

Of course, the "Bad News" is that current supplies will probably last me the rest of the summer (even with friends and relatives visiting) so I will re-start brewing sometime around the end of August to condition whilst we are away back to France for the Autumn.

Many thanks again.
It's a hard life I lead, but someone has to do it! :gulp:

Back