Crossmyloof yeast tepid water Q..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerisGOD

Landlord.
Reaction score
hi all

im about to pitch the pale ale yeast this company do. ive noticed it says to put in tepid water, leave 15 mins and throw it in.
Has anyone done this? I know its to hydrate the yeast but im only doing a 10 litre batch (pack is 10G) so im sure itl do its magic. plus I haven't got a jar at hand to do this method.

cheers:thumb::thumb:

just throw it in and aerate for a bit. That will work just fine for a10l Batch. Did for me 😊

just throw it in and aerate for a bit. That will work just fine for a10l Batch. Did for me 😊

I neither re-hydrated or aerated my CML Real Ale yeast when I pitched 5g into 6L yeasterday eve, and have krausen this morning
My first experience with their pale ale yeast gave airlock activity after 4 hours.Funnily enough I only fermented in the primary to test one batch and secondary for another.Now the primary is clear with a good layer of sediment and excellent carbonation but the second has no sediment and **** carbonation although it's 4 weeks in the bottle and both conditioned at the same temperature.
Makes me wonder.
I have two stouts in primary after 4 weeks as I've been busy with jobs in the house and shall bottle today.One with Gervin ale yeast and the other with So4 so should be interesting to see how they compare.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

The second day was a bit sluggish, although the temp had dropped a couple of degrees to 19. I got the heat belt on and got it back to 22c
I'm just wandering if due to the whole
Pack used on a 10l batch (10g), a quicker fermentation was on the cards regardless of a temp drop

The second day was a bit sluggish, although the temp had dropped a couple of degrees to 19. I got the heat belt on and got it back to 22c
I'm just wandering if due to the whole
Pack used on a 10l batch (10g), a quicker fermentation was on the cards regardless of a temp drop

I found this yeast does most of its work in the first 2 days. Normally 24 hours of mad farting then it slows down.
I have tried rehydrating the yeast but to be honest i cant be bothered to do it every time. I use 2 packs now as my beers are normally over 1050 (and its so cheap) and pitch directly onto the froth. Last BIPA was bubbling within 2 hours. 2 days later its hardly doing anything. Often that is not the case when i use liquid yeast, can take up to 24 hours to really get going but i always pitch cold and let it warm up gradually.

Back