It's a hung parliament.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Teresa has failed miserably, she called an election she was sure they would win and it has probably cost her her job.

Just heard turnout was approximately​ 65%.

Was the policy leak a master stroke?

Massive, calamitous, terminal failure for May.

Social care self-inflicted wound. Negative campaign. Inability to eat chips convincingly. GOODBYE!

Well then ... that was a blinking surprise!

qAiiBWg.jpg

Just my tuppence from someone who is 100% unbiased I could have flipped my vote 4 or 5 times just walking down to the polls

Labour - ran a brilliant campaign came from a disaster to actually putting up a serious fight, manifesto wise I thought they completely destroyed Conservaties.. - personally though and this is my opinion they were not very credible I have grave reservations about their ability to negotiate with EU and US Russia etc.. I also think their costings were economical with the truth but hey I don't expect them to tell the truth, they had my vote but very marginally

Tory - :lol: Utter shambles negative campaign, managed to take a strong position and screw it over, U turned. horrid. May has to go..

I'm a cynic...she done it on purpose....to give someone else the blame and burden of Brexit impossible. ..Europe have chucked their dummy out the pram. ..they're all stuffed and want bail out..or rather hand outs. The Meps realise the wheels are coming off the gravy train...

Reactions: Ali
Well this is a win for nobody.
Brexit will go ahead but with a weaker government so we will get a poorer deal.
The pound has dropped 2% and international businesses will be less likely to invest in a country with a load of traitor Marxists just trying to hobble the government.
All because a load of naïve kids wanted a load of free **** and were too daft to realise that nothing is free and they will be paying for it with interest for the rest of their lives.

You think that's bad, looks like you might get DUP clowns now as ministers.

Just my tuppence from someone who is 100% unbiased I could have flipped my vote 4 or 5 times just walking down to the polls

Labour - ran a brilliant campaign came from a disaster to actually putting up a serious fight, manifesto wise I thought they completely destroyed Conservaties.. - personally though and this is my opinion they were not very credible I have grave reservations about their ability to negotiate with EU and US Russia etc.. I also think their costings were economical with the truth but hey I don't expect them to tell the truth, they had my vote but very marginally

Tory - :lol: Utter shambles negative campaign, managed to take a strong position and screw it over, U turned. horrid. May has to go..
Your right, Horrid May has to go

Inability to eat chips convincingly. GOODBYE!

Certainly a pattern growing here

af-composite-chips-v2.jpg

Instead of live TV debates we should get all party leaders to line up and try to convincingly eat a variety of foods

Fish and Chips, huge dirty Kebabs, Tacos which are overloaded and always go everywhere , Chicken Madras, Chow mien ect

It will pass the mark of tolerant cultures and see if they can convincing be a normal person.

Well then its backfired for her but a Tory leadership battle would make it even worse as the EU will see us as even weaker if the leadership changes and rip us apart.
Cor Blimey has promised the earth and does not know where the money is coming from to pay for the promises but people are fickle and especially the younger end and students who think everything should be free. yes her campaign was terrible and harsh but probably more truthful than the Corbyn false promises
What now ? we look like easy meat to the EU
:doh:

The remoaners would rather see us go to hell in a hand cart, than have Brexit be a success.

I'll say she tried to be honest regarding the pensioners and social care (i.e. we cant afford to pay for the rising costs of social care out of general taxation) but the pensioners didn't like it so she backtracked and that cost her.

however JC promised students a slashing of uni fees but there was no mention that it couldn't be afforded out of general taxation.

I think both approaches were trying to re-balance things a little towards the younger generation which is positive but we've ended up in a right pickle.

I'll say she tried to be honest regarding the pensioners and social care (i.e. we cant afford to pay for the rising costs of social care out of general taxation) but the pensioners didn't like it so she backtracked and that cost her.

however JC promised students a slashing of uni fees but there was no mention that it couldn't be afforded out of general taxation.

I think both approaches were trying to re-balance things a little towards the younger generation which is positive but we've ended up in a right pickle.
Agree,money isn't there to just dish out willy nilly
perhaps if money wasn't splashed around like confetti to every needy nation then we might go someway to putting right our own needs:twisted:

+1 Shepp
people still can not see that you can not give without taking and Labour were going to borrow borrow borrow (which is got us in the recession before) and yes I think everybody agrees with the NHS being priority and I do agree with a 1% tax increase that is ring fenced for it but as for all the other stuff Corbyn promised he still has not come up with the answers fully of how it would be funded and all the fiscal studies questioned this but the young uns want to live for free today and expect about mam and dad bailing them out when it goes wrong
Brexit was the most important thing to sort then other items can be attended to later but now we are so weak because people have fallen for the false promises

I agree, Labour may have won the night but it feels like nobody is a winner right now.

Remainers may be the winners out of this. Can't see there being a stable majority government within 2 years, so don't see brexit being sorted. Or any resistance from EU to calling it off.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back