(I drink) cheap beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this plan.
I will be spending this evening doing research.
Cheers.

:cheers:

Ghost Ship is Citra, Columbus, Centennial and Citra again as the Dry Hop.

Palest malt you can get. Once again, it is going to be a fairly easy beer to brew?

Get the hops - all of which are fairly high Alpha - if I remember correctly -and arrange the quantities to get the bittering and then - in with the rest. 200g would be (more than) enough for a very low gravity beer like this, surely?

Ghost Ship is Citra, Columbus, Centennial and Citra again as the Dry Hop.

Palest malt you can get. Once again, it is going to be a fairly easy beer to brew?

Get the hops - all of which are fairly high Alpha - if I remember correctly -and arrange the quantities to get the bittering and then - in with the rest. 200g would be (more than) enough for a very low gravity beer like this, surely?

Many thanks. :thumb:

This is definitely going on my list of brews to do.

Tesco have an offer on at the moment 20% off if you buy 4 or more craft beer individual bottles not a bad deal, I had some tonight from furepure, thornbridge, stone and a Brooklyn scorcher than were all good

You guys are lucky. In Japan cheap lager starts at 2. A bottle of craft beer, ale, around 4. At the pub, around 8 per small pint. So it's WAY cheaper to brew your own here.

This Ghost Ship is lovely. Thanks for the tip.

I didn't get the the 12 cans for ��£10 deal at my Tesco.
I got 2x 4 cans for ��£9, which is still not too bad. ��£2.55 per litre.

Now, how would I go about brewing something like this?

I brewed this and it came out better than the can.

Ghost Ship Screen Shot.PNG

I tend to just not drink when I run out of homebrew, unless I can get hold of something quite different. We regularly sample beer at work anyway to suss out the competition, we have a monthly sample pack sent in the post.

I am currently drinking Sainsbury's own brand dry cider.
£2.18 for 2L - I don't think I can actually make cider that cheaply !!

It doesn't taste too bad, but I will be glad when my current home-brew is ready.
I must plan better to avoid these home-brew droughts.

Back