Sales of inefficient vacuum cleaners banned

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the sort of meddling that would have convinced me to vote leave if i had voted, if i want a noisy less effective (which the video shows they are not) vac that is probably cheaper than the quiet version its my choice why should they tell us what to buy and use.

Grunge stop watching before they get to the guy from the Global Warming Policy Foundation. :lol:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHbBHhSyLQI[/ame]

Read more - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41119355

This is the sort of meddling that would have convinced me to vote leave if i had voted, if i want a noisy less effective (which the video shows they are not) vac that is probably cheaper than the quiet version its my choice why should they tell us what to buy and use.

Grunge stop watching before they get to the guy from the Global Warming Policy Foundation. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHbBHhSyLQI

Read more - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41119355

actually are you sure it's now actually gunge himself on tv? - we don't have a photo of him do we?

this is what dyson were concerned about they have higher power cleaners to finish the job quicker with their technology. if you had a 1600w cleaner compared to a 1300w yet the 1600w saved 10% cleaning time, the 1300w would still work out cheaper for the same job, however the time it takes YOU to do the job has increased as the energy used had reduced.

I see this with my eco 50 program on the dishwasher , it takes.... 161 mins on eco 50 yet 38 mins on the 'quick 30' wash. (these are times when using a dishwasher tablet) so the EU's cunning plan could be seen to make us take longer doing the daily chores :-o

Personally I think efforts should be put towards self energy generation, but then if we become self sufficient the powers that be have less hold over us!

Why are they so concerned over a bit of extra energy wasted which it actually isn't as the noisy one will do the job ffaster, it's the same meddling they are planning to do with Diesel cars why don't they chase those that polute on a massive scale, planes, trains, wagons and busses etc rather than go after the poor motorist trying to get the best mpg per fill up,, it's always the plebs that get hit not the big boys.

Saving energy is a good thing and so is freedom of choice.

I am sure if they put their minds to it they could come up with something more wasteful than your average vacuum cleaner, why not ban escalators they are totally unnecessary and i imagine use a lot of electricity and if they were banned all the fat shoppers would benefit by getting a bit more exercise. :wink:

actually are you sure it's now actually gunge himself on tv? - we don't have a photo of him do we?

If I looked / dressed like him I'd shoot myself. These global warming freaks really do my nut. S'pose we should all be grateful that the world as we know it still exists after all these decades of using slightly too powerful vacuum cleaners and that we're going to be saved in the nick of time before the Great Flood happens. I'd like a ten-million watt one that could suck antimatter out of the fabric of space then I'd use it to stuff the skulls of climate scientists and tree huggers. I would, but somone bet me to it.

If I looked / dressed like him I'd shoot myself. These global warming freaks really do my nut. S'pose we should all be grateful that the world as we know it still exists after all these decades of using slightly too powerful vacuum cleaners and that we're going to be saved in the nick of time before the Great Flood happens. I'd like a ten-million watt one that could suck antimatter out of the fabric of space then I'd use it to stuff the skulls of climate scientists and tree huggers. I would, but somone bet me to it.

Gunge I thought he was on your side. i.e. saving energy with low watt vacuum cleaners is BS:doh:

Saving energy is a good thing and so is freedom of choice.

I am sure if they put their minds to it they could come up with something more wasteful than your average vacuum cleaner, why not ban escalators they are totally unnecessary and i imagine use a lot of electricity and if they were banned all the fat shoppers would benefit by getting a bit more exercise. :wink:

yes but shopping centres would take the hit. think birmingham bullring (3 levels) actually larger people would be too knackered to shop after climbing 2 flights of stairs, so only the fit are allowed to shop :eek:

yes but shopping centres would take the hit. think birmingham bullring (3 levels) actually larger people would be too knackered to shop after climbing 2 flights of stairs, so only the fit are allowed to shop :eek:

Yeah, great idea but the economy collapses as there as too many people who cant be bothered to walk up stairs.

I was joking DoJ :wink:

Yeah, great idea but the economy collapses as there as too many people who cant be bothered to walk up stairs.

we need a new economic model, continually growth is like one great big ponzi scheme. The longer the change is delayed the bigger the consequences for us 'plebs' will be :oops:

Or conversely, the economy collapses because one that is based totally on consumption ultimately leaves nothing...but I guess the "big" people would then become smaller as excesses would become void. If we dont change our expectations and move towards a common middle.....well...I dont think it bodes well for the future.

Don't worry how much power your vacuum consumes. Your electric car, which even the UK government are forcing on us, will use so much power we need to almost double our electricity generation just for the cars. Then there's vans, trucks and buses to consider.

Not a problem. We just allow the sale of powerful vacuum cleaners (ie cleaners that work) and let the continental types come here to buy them. We make money, the continentals get cleaners that work and everybody's happy.

Gunge I thought he was on your side. i.e. saving energy with low watt vacuum cleaners is BS:doh:

Dang, you're right. Serves me right for not paying attention. Just saw the phrase 'global warming' in chippy's post, saw the geezer in the still then switched off. I'd still shoot myself if I ever found myself dressed like that, regardless of which side he bats for. And I want a V8 vacuum that does 3 carpets to the gallon.

Dang, you're right. Serves me right for not paying attention. Just saw the phrase 'global warming' in chippy's post, saw the geezer in the still then switched off. I'd still shoot myself if I ever found myself dressed like that, regardless of which side he bats for. And I want a V8 vacuum that does 3 carpets to the gallon.

you should patent that, a petrol engined Vacuum cleaner. You could make a mint , after all the users of it wouldn't be around to demand a refund :lol:

I was joking DoJ :wink:

I wasn't, if you put stairs in and lifts with weight limits, you are weighed and then given a ticket for the lift. the lift scans in the ticket and adds the total weight up. A queuing system for the lift or use the stairs. And but a de-fibralator at the top of the stairs, just in case someone overdoes it on a 'once in a liftime sales offer on the 3rd floor and trys to use the stairs to jump the lift queue.

see I'm not inconsiderate at all :lol:

2 stroke vacuum cleaner for me. Even your hedge trimmer will have to be 4 stroke in a few years. It'll weigh too much to lift but at least the world won't end up as a fire ball.

Are you a scooter man Gunge? I have a Vespa T5 and an 8" wheel 3 speed.

Back