Beerwulf

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graz

Landlord.
Reaction score
An advert for this company popped up on my Facebook feed so had a look as you do. Very good prices for Belgian / Trappist beers and a promise of delivery in 48 hours for free if ordering 12 bottles or more so I put in a test order. Not quite the 48 hour turnaround promised but only a day later than scheduled, all present and correct. Will probably put in another order before Christmas.

https://www.beerwulf.com/en-gb/

Chimay Blue £1.59 (£2.60 Tesco)
Rochefort 10 £2.29 (£3.99 DrinkSupermarket.com)

One happy customer. Seems a fairly ridiculous concept though that the cheapest way I can get Belgian beers in the UK is to buy them from a company based in The Netherlands but I'm not complaining.

P.S. I have no affiliation with said company just happy with the value and service provided.

Good spot - only question would be customs, as I'd assume these are being sent from Europe?

Good spot - only question would be customs, as I'd assume these are being sent from Europe?

Yep, from The Netherlands like I said. No customs charges to the UK though what will happen post Brexit is anyone's guess. Seems like they only deliver here and Belgium outside of their own country at the moment.

I recommend De Molen Hop & Leifde, I had some at a beer festival a couple of years ago.
If you like hoppy beers give it a try, it's a lovely beer. I might have to put an order in myself.

What were the dates on the beers? Had a box of German beers previously and poor dates were in them

Funnily enough all the BBE dates were printed on the order sheet in the box which I quickly scanned through but don't remember if any of them were particularly short dated. I'll have a look later. Probably won't be checking them against the actual bottles though. Most of what I ordered (strong/dark beers) I wouldn't be paying much attention to the BBE dates anyway.

Yep, from The Netherlands like I said. No customs charges to the UK though what will happen post Brexit is anyone's guess. Seems like they only deliver here and Belgium outside of their own country at the moment.

I'm sure there would be if they got checked - you're allowed to bring in booze from the EU yourself for personal consumption but I'm sure you can't import commercially.

Funnily enough all the BBE dates were printed on the order sheet in the box which I quickly scanned through but don't remember if any of them were particularly short dated. I'll have a look later. Probably won't be checking them against the actual bottles though. Most of what I ordered (strong/dark beers) I wouldn't be paying much attention to the BBE dates anyway.

No, but I had a load of wheat beers that just didn't taste the same

I recommend De Molen Hop & Leifde, I had some at a beer festival a couple of years ago.
If you like hoppy beers give it a try, it's a lovely beer. I might have to put an order in myself.

Agreed. It's a wonderful beer! De Molen are superb. They make ridiculously good beers but not flashy or faddy at all.

Here you go, shortest date 2/18, but most of the rest are at least 2019:

img_20171122_222706-535.jpg

I messaged them last night about delivery and customs and got the following response:

"the (small) charges for this are handled on our end. You do pay a small charge, but it's already included in the prices you see on our website."

They appear to be backed by Heineken, so it all seems legit. If so there are some amazing prices, especially with free delivery. I may never buy from the supermarket again!

I used to use The Belgian Beer Factory but a change in law in Belgium meant they had to stop exporting. They seem to have started again but not to the UK yet. Fantastic website with a huge range of Belgian beer. I'll keep my eyes peeled and post when they recommence exports to the UK. Will all in end in 2019 though :-(

Just ordered 16 bottles, good selection but a lot were out of stock not that I couldn't find a load I'd like to try anyway! Prices are excellent though, much more competitive than beerhawk who I've shopped with a few times now for the missus' sours. Hopefully they'll increase their range of sours too, got rodenbach grand cru and a liefmans goudenband but would have liked a few more in my selection.

That site looks really good. I’ve just chosen the 12 cheapest beers that I’ve never had and it’s come to £14.16 - all of them have more than 3 and a half stars on Untappd. It would be just impossible to get a 9% Belgian Trippel for £1.19 in the shops!

That site looks really good. I’ve just chosen the 12 cheapest beers that I’ve never had and it’s come to £14.16 - all of them have more than 3 and a half stars on Untappd. It would be just impossible to get a 9% Belgian Trippel for £1.19 in the shops!

Really impressed. I ordered on Thursday and it arrived yesterday.

Back