St. Peters, India Pale Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
St Peters come with sachets of hop powder, Dunno exactly what it is, probably just pellet powder or something.. IIRC they say to add at the start of fermentation as opposed to what you'd do with a dry hop.

Its a white powder mixed with dextrose. I bought some and throw them into my brews now and again. I have no tried one at the end of a brew yet though but they give off an amazing smell. Just brewed an 12l batch of 80IBU IPA and added one at start of fermentation. Only seen them in 1 shop so fat though,£1 a sachet.

Its a white powder mixed with dextrose. I bought some and throw them into my brews now and again. I have no tried one at the end of a brew yet though but they give off an amazing smell. Just brewed an 12l batch of 80IBU IPA and added one at start of fermentation. Only seen them in 1 shop so fat though,�£1 a sachet.

That was an old post you quoted me on there :lol:, I think actually the Ruby red was goldings on, but I cannot remember because well it was 2 years ago since I did it

Hi all. I'm just about to start this kit tonight and realised it's a muntons with a 6g sachet of yeast. Has anyone had any issues with this yeast and if so any suggestions for a replacement?

Cheers

Dicko

I found this thread before brewing the St Peters IPA kit in early October 2020. Really happy with the result, brewed exactly to recipe.

Like many muntons kits it stuck on 1020 but a gentle stir finished it around 1012. Finished approx 4%, slight shy of the kit instructions.

For anyone trying this kit I bottled in 500ml PET with 1 x Crafty Fox carbonation drop.

Stored in the warm for 7 days before moving to garage. Very happy with carbonation, this beer needs time to build taste. After 2 months since bottling the beer tastes great, was not a fan after the 3 week mark.

Would brew again, strong hop smell with a caramel hint in the taste.

Cheers

20201228_155317.jpg

I have now put this is a barrel and is ready to drink.

I put in 16 Tsps on Sugar.

I went to pour my first pint and when i opened the tap it ran for about half a pint and then stops. Would this be the sugar blocking the tap?

It happens every time.

Anyone help me?

Have you used this barrel before?

The beer needs to under pressure to force it out

Has the barrel been in a warm enough temperature to enable secondary fermentation? The sugar should have gone if it has fermented properly

Does the barrel have a leak e.g. have you lubricated all the seals?

Do you have a CO2 source to pressure up the barrel and see what happens?

I tried plastic barrels last year and have never wasted so much beer because they did not perform properly

Was my first home brew too. Have to say that tried way to early after about 2 weeks and was very bitter :(. Now on my last few and like everyone says leave for min 2 months and the bitterness goes.

I like brewdogs IPA but this is not like this at all but still easy to drink (maybe a little to easy)
Youngs USA IPA in bottles at moment and will follow my own (and most people on here) and lock away for 8 weeks at least.

Was my first home brew too. Have to say that tried way to early after about 2 weeks and was very bitter :(. Now on my last few and like everyone says leave for min 2 months and the bitterness goes.

I like brewdogs IPA but this is not like this at all but still easy to drink (maybe a little to easy)
Youngs USA IPA in bottles at moment and will follow my own (and most people on here) and lock away for 8 weeks at least.
Good advice I heard too many years ago than I care to remember

For each 10 points above 1000 the OG is, allow a week for conditioning

Hence OG 1050 = 5 weeks

Boring I know - but I think that you will be suitably rewarded by the flavour improvement

I agree Kelper, very easy drinker and looks like pub pulled. Do you do the full kit in a PB?

I was looking to order the king keg bottom tap for my next brew
I do it just as the instructions say. But, if the house warms up I transfer some to a mini keg in the fridge which is set to as warm as it can be - about eight degrees.

Good advice I heard too many years ago than I care to remember

For each 10 points above 1000 the OG is, allow a week for conditioning

Hence OG 1050 = 5 weeks

Boring I know - but I think that you will be suitably rewarded by the flavour improvement
will have to write "For each 10 points above 1000 the OG is, allow a week for conditioning" down and put it on the bottles lol

I don't understand this rule. What about ABV or final SG? There must be other factors like hops to consider.

Back