Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just been to tesco and they do a white grape and peach .With a 50/50 split. So 2 bottles of that is like one wgj and one peach.
Trying that next :-)

That looks like a good find. The only thing similar in my local stores are 70% water 30% juice. (Grape and Peach)

20150509_103632_zpsj48h0bh6.jpg

20150509_103623_zpsw7taeym3.jpg

Some of mine look just like that. Nothing to worry about. :)
Ive seen that new juice in tesco too - White Grape & peach. Im thinking of trying it soon. Its not in the 3 for £3.50 deal though :cry:

20150508_110455_zpsmur4tuks.jpg

Does the top pulp sink when it's ready and finished? The reason I ask is I read on here that if you shake it up the top bit sinks. I did that 2 days ago and it all floated back up. It worried me as I'm nearly ready to transfer it to another dj. I left it for 2 days and went to move it today and it all sank to the bottom.
So what I'm asking is the floating/ sinking relevant to anything ?

I have found that when i have used any juice containing Puree it always makes lots of sediment, i stopped using the RGJ and Strawberry because of this.

I thought I wouldn't use the Red Grape, Strawberry & Kiwi juice again due to the large amount of sediment...... however now it's bottled and being drunk it's one of my best tasting wines so I will certainly be making more :) I only lost about 1/2 bottle due to sediment. After racking I put all the sediment into a plastic bottle in the fridge and as it cleared I added the clear wine back into the DJ.

I have found that when i have used any juice containing Puree it always makes lots of sediment, i stopped using the RGJ and Strawberry because of this.

I found the best way to deal with this fine pulp is to skim it from the surface with a sieve before putting the must in a dj. This way, very little liquid is lost compared with racking it all off as sediment later on.
Another approach is to let the sediment settle in the bottle first.

I thought I wouldn't use the Red Grape, Strawberry & Kiwi juice again due to the large amount of sediment...... however now it's bottled and being drunk it's one of my best tasting wines so I will certainly be making more :) I only lost about 1/2 bottle due to sediment. After racking I put all the sediment into a plastic bottle in the fridge and as it cleared I added the clear wine back into the DJ.

I have one of these in a Dj atm. Really looking forward to the outcome.

I found the best way to deal with this fine pulp is to skim it from the surface with a sieve before putting the must in a dj. This way, very little liquid is lost compared with racking it all off as sediment later on.
Another approach is to let the sediment settle in the bottle first.
My orange and mango was in a Dj for 3 weeks. No sign of it dropping out. I even shook it up to sink it.but it just floated back up.

I have one of these in a Dj atm. Really looking forward to the outcome.

I found that many of the juice wines that I have made lose their fruity flavours after fermentation..... BUT not the Grape Strawberry & Kiwi. Every sip is bursting with flavour..... strawberry comes though brilliantly. I hope you love it too :)

I have just put 4 DJ's of RGJ based wine on, ASDA had mistakenly delivered one RGJ, strawberry and kiwi so i mixed it with an apple juice, the last time i used this i had about 50 cm of sediment in the DJ's which was a bit of a PITA, i thought topping up would make it watery but it wasn't.

well my first "wow" (orange&mango,rgj) was completed on the 14th(cleared and bottled)...
un bottled by my wife and demolished (6bottles) by the 18th...
she was so impressed as was i, just like to say thankyou for the introduction to wows,
i have 3 others on the go,i keep up with demand :razz:
again thank you for your advise and guidence :hat::hat:

Intrigued by this thread I've completed a pineapple and coconut wine. I'm a beginner so I kept it really simple. 2l Tesco pineapple juice and 1l of coconut water, small bag of sugar, pectolase, yeast and nutrient. Turned out really smooth and very drinkable, one I'll be doing again!

The juices i use have a sugar content of approximately 250g when added together, if yours are the same the extra 500g you add will give you 9.5% ABV.

I bottled the RGJ + Apple and Elderflower last night, its the fists time i have used elderflower in my juice wines, the result is better than i expected considering its only 1% elderflower and 99% apple, definitly worth trying if you have never had this before. (they are on offer at 2 for £3)

Copella Apple & Elderflower 900ml

5012876390265_L.jpeg

More juices here - Buy any 2 for £3.00

a2222222.PNG

In Sainsburys Hedge End they had several juices on special at 50p a carton this week end, I picked up blood orange, exotic juice and some pomegranate, don't know if it's national.

Back