SS Brewtech 10 Gallon Kettle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halfacrem

Landlord.
Reaction score
I put my new brew kettle and Buffalo Induction Hob through it's paces the other day.

I'm really pleased with both, but jeez the brew kettle is heavy! My previous pot was half the capacity and made out of steel tissue, so it was easy to lift. This though!! The empty pot is heavy enough, and even only half full its a test for my back. I can't imagine how heavy it would be with nearly 38 litres in it :shock:

The ball valve comes with a trub dam, which is an angled tube that fits into the back of the ball valve, with a rubber screen that stops all the kettle **** getting clogging the tap up. However it was painfully slow when I tried to draw off the boiled wort into the FV. I ended up having to tip the wort out, which was a pain. Anyone else struggled with a slow draw off from one of these kettles?

I keep getting blocked up on mine to. I've whirlpooled the wort and let it settle but still the leaf hops clog every time. Couple of times I've fired a blast of air though the hose to clear it. I'm considering buying the false bottom but £85 could be best spent on something else. Maybe I'll just use pellets instead.

Have a look on the crazy wire company they do knitted wire mesh in any length you want,22mm its the best stuff,and it will never go flat.

Latest posts

Back