Polystyrene Bottle Packaging (a la Dads_ale's bottle swap)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, members up for this so far:

@Notlaw
@chrissyr63
@Leon103
@darkbright
@wfr42
@dan125
@F00b4r
@Demig
@Hoddy
@TheRedDarren

At 3 units each, thats 27 pieces needed. Any further takers?

Also, which ones do we want?

The 1 bottle cylinder work out at ��£2.70 each, or the 1 bottle standard work out at ��£2.87 each? Any preferences?

Ebay Cyl.jpg

Ebay Stn.jpg

Last edited:
I've only tried the cylinder when I returned one of dads_ales, and it was great. Looking at the standard shape I think the part that holds the neck might be just in the wrong place for my swing top bottles to fit in. So I'll vote for the cylinders.
:cheers:

I agree 👍

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Nice one Notlaw :thumb:
Thanks for organising!

I bet we have a lot of bottle swap threads popping up in the weeks after we get our hands on these.

thanks for organising this - can I just check what we are doing here.
Are you going to buy the tubes and then post 3 beers out to us (that would be +30 x £2.80+£2.85 = >£150)? Then we return ours to you?
Or are you posting the empty tubes to us (not as much fun !)

Also if you look at the link I did earlier 48 of the single bottle package would work out £1.75 each (free postage). Look the same thing.
Would still look at the 2 bottle ones as this would allow more beer to be exchanged (biggest comment from Dads_ales was wish I had a second one!).
See that there is concern re the 2kg limit on small parcels maybe need to check.

Are you going to buy the tubes and then post 3 beers out to us (that would be +30 x £2.80+£2.85 = >£150)? Then we return ours to you?

Also if you look at the link I did earlier 48 of the single bottle package would work out £1.75 each (free postage). Look the same thing.
Would still look at the 2 bottle ones as this would allow more beer to be exchanged (biggest comment from Dads_ales was wish I had a second one!).
See that there is concern re the 2kg limit on small parcels maybe need to check.

MEGA bottle swap but pricey! I think the idea was to get the packaging 1st and organise bottles swaps as an when people want to do one. Can definitely see loads popping up.

I think the single bottle ones are better. Keeps postage costs down. - if people want 2 bottles they can always sent 2 individual boxes. Better options imo.

Are you going to buy the tubes and then post 3 beers out to us (that would be +30 x �£2.80+�£2.85 = >�£150)? Then we return ours to you?

Also if you look at the link I did earlier 48 of the single bottle package would work out �£1.75 each (free postage). Look the same thing.

Whoa there Neddy! I don't produce enough beer to be able to send out that much :lol:

I was just going to facilitate getting the packaging, then people can organise their own bottle swaps as and when they like. I will also use mine to send my old man the odd bottle to sample.

If people PayPal or transfer the £9 or whatever it is, I'll order them, have them sent to me, then I'll package up everyone's 3 boxes and post off the empty boxes to them for free so they can do what they like with them.

Is that OK with everyone?

Whoa there Neddy! I don't produce enough beer to be able to send out that much :lol:

I was just going to facilitate getting the packaging, then people can organise their own bottle swaps as and when they like. I will also use mine to send my old man the odd bottle to sample.

If people PayPal or transfer the £9 or whatever it is, I'll order them, have them sent to me, then I'll package up everyone's 3 boxes and post off the empty boxes to them for free so they can do what they like with them.

Is that OK with everyone?

That's ok with me. Let me know how I can pay. PayPal is easiest. I prefer single ones.

With all these bottle packages and the current interest in bottle swaps I'm surprised someone isn't organising a forum wide bottle swap :drink:

Afraid I'm not volunteering at the moment but should be pretty simple to start a thread and pair people up for swaps. If the people with the posh boxes send theirs first then they will get the posh box back.

And a big thumbs up to Notlaw for organising this group buy :thumb:

Yeah, single ones are the best bet to stay in the postage window.

I'll PM everyone with my PayPal details.

Or maybe you won't :lol: :whistle:

Payment made and thanks for sorting this out.

Demig

Or maybe you won't :lol: :whistle:

Payment made and thanks for sorting this out.

Demig

Haha, yes, as Demig points out, I've messaged everyone only to send the last one and notice that I didn;t actually include my PayPal account details.!!

I'm surprised someone isn't organising a forum wide bottle swap :drink:

I really enjoyed this when it happened way back in the day - though I'm not volunteering either (this time at least) - I could see it being quite a lot of work

Back