My Cornelius Keg adventure

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brought myself some second hand taps to go with the collection of kegs a few days ago so got busy and installed them today. Got round to working out which pipe goes to which tap and gave them a little clean. The pipes need a proper clean with hot water and then some sanitizer. (Would ideally like to replace them, but that probably isn't possible) Plus the whole unit needs a clean. I went a purchased the gas management board which ill mount on the wall underneath as well my CO2 and kegs underneath.
There are 2 black pipes which I have no idea what they are for.

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3057.jpg

Hi!

I got mine from this company: http://cfbsonline.co.uk/index.php/secondary-gas-regulator-0-45psi-3-bar.html

They come in at less than £30 each including shipping. That's going to be expensive for 7, but they seem to be the cheapest that I could find.

You could have a set pressure for light beers that you want carbed right up, something like 15psi coming from your primary reg and then use a single secondary with splitters for a set pressure for darker beers, stepping down to 7-10 psi. Just an idea for saving some pennies?

Hi!
I got mine from this company: http://cfbsonline.co.uk/index.php/secondary-gas-regulator-0-45psi-3-bar.html
They come in at less than �£30 each including shipping. That's going to be expensive for 7, but they seem to be the cheapest that I could find.

You can get cheaper if buying 2nd use via ebay etc, but considering its plumbed up with JG fittings, stopcock, and gauge makes that damn good value for money imho..

As precise serving/condition conditions require a balance of both temp and pressure, practically its realistic to maintain only a singe or perhaps in some cases 2 x temp controlled keg zones, those of us with shelf chillers can use long and short coils or combinations, And as you can branch off as many feeds as you want 2 x 2ndary regs should provide sufficient options with 3 x pressure levels and perhaps 2x temp zones you have 6x serving options..

personally i hardly ever try to sustain more than 2x serving pressures..

Latest posts

Back