Pumpkin beer recipes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sampled this Golden Pumpkin Ale today and (despite the rush) it's very tasty!

8th December:
Chopped up 4 x Pumpkins into 8 litres of water and boiled for two hours.
Strained liquor through colander, refilled with water and boiled for one hour.
Strained liquor through colander, refilled with water and boiled for one hour.
Strained liquor through colander and allowed it to cool in FV overnight.

9th December:
Added can of Wilco Golden Ale malt mixed with 3 litres of boiling water.
Allowed to cool.
Brought volume up to 23 litres.
Pitched Wlco Ale Yeast at 21 degrees.
Fermented at 20 degrees.

22nd December Transferred to Wilco Keg and carbonated in fridge with 50g of Brewing Sugar.

29th December transferred to shelf for conditioning.

OG 1.031
FG 1.011
ABV 2.63%

Sampled today after only 26 days! Fairly clear, very tasty but nowhere near fully conditioned.

Well i found a bottle in the garage and poured myself a glass. Tasteless, no bitterness, no spices, cloudy, over carbed with no off flavours. Down the drain with the rest of the ****. Total waste of time.

It definitely needs drinking early ... :thumb:

... and I try my best! :lol: :lol:

BTW I'm still waiting for the "clove taste" to fall below "medicinal" on the Spiced Ale!

Its that time of year again so a pumpkin ale is on the cards. I wanted to buy some dried pumpkin but its out of stock so i am left with the tinned stuff or dried powder. I am thinking the powder sounds like the best and easiest option. Does anyone have any opinions on this.

I will be using SG Voss and really like the look of the recipe by @David Heath

Judging from your post of Jan 2018, some people never learn! :laugh8:
Good luck with the brew.

We always carve a couple of large pumpkins and I think every year that it must be possible to use the flesh for more than chicken feed, though it seems like too much hard work to weave it into a beer recipe.
While you're carving/brewing you should harvest the seeds and roast them lightly with a little olive oil, chilli flakes and sea salt. Absolutely marvellous at Halloween!

Latest posts

Back