iPhone X vs Android

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A8GnZqZ.jpg

All credit to JonDav @ Thinkbroadband.

Ha ha - can’t beat a good Apple Basher. Was having a similar debate with my son in law on Friday.
Each to their own on taste I guess. I’m an Apple lad, but my wife is about to swap her iPhone for the new Google pixel.
Personally I’m Apple, but only really because I use macs for my other hobby, photography and video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now if you want a real debate - we should start the Xbox v PlayStation debate ?

Nice simple Samsung J3 2017 it's for my daughter who doesn't live on her phone. I'm still using a Nexus4 and will until it finally gives up and dies.

aamcle

Nice simple Samsung J3 2017 it's for my daughter who doesn't live on her phone. I'm still using a Nexus4 and will until it finally gives up and dies.

aamcle

[emoji106] Samsung do some nice phones.

I wouldn't have mind paying apple money if the handsets lasted 2x as android but paying xxxx for a phone with a non removable battery no thanks. same goes for hi end android phones. My moto g4 play fits the bill for me and at £130 is awesome! :grin:

It’s more of what devices you use in your house. My house and companies are mostly Apple. So with one account, everything is forced to all my devices and I use a ton. Something like 8 iPads, 6 iPhones and maybe a dozen apple computers. All my settings are instantly passed to all my devices. Also, when I change phones, just add my account and it puts all my apps, calendars and mail in place. For me, it’s the convenient. My company used to use Windows and at the peak, I had two dozen PC’s throughout my company. I spent a majority of the time fixing them. Almost every day. And when I had to add or replace a PC, installing all of the apps and license numbers was such a waste of time.
Love my macs.

I wouldn't have mind paying apple money if the handsets lasted 2x as android but paying xxxx for a phone with a non removable battery no thanks. same goes for hi end android phones. My moto g4 play fits the bill for me and at £130 is awesome! :grin:

I think we cross posted i also have the G4 and rate it highly at the price.

Making phones that do not allow the battery to be changed is just wrong.

It’s more of what devices you use in your house. My house and companies are mostly Apple. So with one account, everything is forced to all my devices and I use a ton. Something like 8 iPads, 6 iPhones and maybe a dozen apple computers. All my settings are instantly passed to all my devices. Also, when I change phones, just add my account and it puts all my apps, calendars and mail in place. For me, it’s the convenient. My company used to use Windows and at the peak, I had two dozen PC’s throughout my company. I spent a majority of the time fixing them. Almost every day. And when I had to add or replace a PC, installing all of the apps and license numbers was such a waste of time.
Love my macs.

You make a good point about the single profile and settings.

I have a Motorola Moto 4 which is a very good budget phone and i would happily buy the Moto 5 if it broke, my Son has asked for the Nokia 5 for Christmas which i was surprised to hear as i didnt know they were making smart phones .

Nokia 5 - https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/nokia/5.html#!colour=copper&capacity=16GB&dealType=pm

upgraded my moto g to a moto 3 in july and don't much like it,sure it has a decent sized screen good resoloution but its jerky when scrolling and hate the fact that the back buttons are not illuminated and the charge cable input socket is on the top not the bottom like on the moto g plus the side buttons are reversed from the moto g.all in all I wish I hadn't bothered,i only upgraded for the extra expandable memory and the fact you can change the battery if it dies:thumb:

The G4 is the first Motorola I have owned and its nothing like how you have described the 3, I used to be on contract and always bought Samsung who I think make the best mobile phones but as with apple you pay top money for them.

I recently swapped iPhone for a Samsung. Should have done it years ago. Swapping profiles was easier, just connected the phones to each other and Samsung did the rest. Occasional use swmbo iPad and the same apps are on there so no issues about using different brands

Using a Huawei P8 lite which I bought 2 years past for £80 brand new with discount of course and since then it's been dropped,knocked and even drove over by myself I kid you not.Fantastic budget phone with high end quality feel and spec with the option of dual sim or expandible memory along with the 16gb on board and 2gb ram.
Also have a Hudl 2 8" tablet thats still going great so Android for me.

Still running the Oneplus One with lineage OS software. The thing i like about android over apple is the fact that you can tinker with it if you want.

Back