Home Brew Forum Competition - October 16

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant be that choosy with my brew days unfortunately. Gotta get one in when I can due to working so much and home life. Today was THE day!

I have the same problem, have to plan my brew days about a month in advance. My plan isn't so much to plan my brews around the competition, but just to enter the competition if I have a decent brew of that type available.

Spoke to Paul from The Whippet Inn in Lichfield (well worth a visit if you're ever in the area by the way) and he's happy to help out with the judging so anyone who enters will get some expert feedback rather than just my opinion. :thumb:

Just a reminder that entries for the inaugural competition need to reach me by the end of October which is only 9 weeks away so if you haven't got a brew on for it yet you still have time.

I cant believe I look at this forum often and hadn't noticed the competition sounds great and id love to enter.
Ive only made one IPA to date so not sure how good it will be. But I suppose that's the point if I can get feedback to help me improve.
Where do I find the postal address?

I cant believe I look at this forum often and hadn't noticed the competition sound great and id love to enter.
Ive only made one IPA to date so not sure how good it will be. But I suppose that's the point if I can get feedback to help me improve.
Where do I find the postal address?
I'll send you a pm.

DoctorMick, can you PM me the entry details please!

Bloody typical, in the middle of having a new kitchen fitted with the benefit of the old kitchen being moved to the brewery. However, several cock-ups in the main kitchen have meant that the brewery refit hasn't been finished, and now I've got to try and shoehorn in my IPA brew! Still, they say they're better fresh!!!

6 weeks to go ladies and gents, still time to get a brew on if you're quick.

If anyone has asked for my address and I haven't sent it over yet let me know and I'll PM it across.

Just flicked the Irish moss in to mine. Fingers crossed it turns out ok, ill probably be posting it before tasting...

6 weeks to go ladies and gents, still time to get a brew on if you're quick.

If anyone has asked for my address and I haven't sent it over yet let me know and I'll PM it across.

I'll hopefully be submitting an entry Doctor Mick if you can pm me details please. Ta

Is Belgian IPA included in this category?

IPA
(Includes British IPA, American IPA, Black/Brown IPA, Rye IPA, Speciality IPAs. Does not include Double IPAs)
IPAs should have an OG of between 1.050 and 1.070 and an IBU of 40+. Beers should exhibit a hop-forward flavour/aroma typically (but not limited to) using spicy or citric hops. IPAs should be drier with a light to medium body. British IPAs can exhibit fruitier malt flavours. IPAs should be light in colour (Black and Brown variants accepted). Darker IPAs should not have a burned or astringent flavour but should be balanced with enhanced malt character.

I'd say that'd fall under Speciality IPA?

Great cos my black IPA didn’t turn out as expected but I have a few Belgian IPAs left :thumb:

Bottling this weekend ready for a few weeks of conditioning. Will be posting end of next week to allow them to settle a bit before transport. 😁

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Went to post my parcel today only to find out that it would cost £12.80!!
It weighed 2.2k, under 2k and its only £2.80 crazy or what??
so a repackage is now in order. I think when entering anymore ill make sure I bottle in 330ml to make things easier.

Latest posts

Back