Credit where its due.....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnbarleycorn

Reaction score
Thought i had an issue with a delivery from the Malt Miller Ltd.....it was the fault of the drop off point were the parcels were delivered to, Malt miller were straight on the case out of office hours and were helpful and understanding whilst trying to sort out what had happened.

All credit to a professional outfit

Thanks Malt Miller Ltd.

They are spot on every time I've had a minor issue with them. Wouldn't use anybody else.

Wouldn't go anywhere else for my grains, hops and yeast. Never had a problem with them. The crush on their grains seems pretty consistent too.

Used them for all my AG stuff. Their cheapo FV's are good aswell.

Always prompt delivery. Consistent crushed grain.

After these positive comments I might have to jump ship, I usually use Geterbrewed.........

On the glowing praise of Malt Miller on this thread - I've just taken delivery of £50 worth of ingredients from the Malt Miller. I messed up my delivery address and Malt Miller dealt with the courier on my behalf and were great sorting it out.
Everything looks packaged really well in air-tight bags.

Excited to get a brew on tomorrow now :thumb:

Yeah, I've had good experiences with The Malt Miller. The Homebrew Company have been good too - a bag of grain was split in transit and they immediately sent me a replacement. I'd happily use either of them again. HBC do need to sort out their custom grain kits though - £19 for up to 8kg grain and up to 160g hops. Its fine if you max out the limit with premium stuff, but for any 'normal' brew it really isn't worth it.

Yeah, I've had good experiences with The Malt Miller. The Homebrew Company have been good too - a bag of grain was split in transit and they immediately sent me a replacement. I'd happily use either of them again. HBC do need to sort out their custom grain kits though - £19 for up to 8kg grain and up to 160g hops. Its fine if you max out the limit with premium stuff, but for any 'normal' brew it really isn't worth it.

The custom kit facility is what I primarily use the malt miller for. I do find to negate the relatively high delivery charge that I have to order at least 2 kits worth.

I did have a minor problem that related the delivery point (Halfords) not being able to accept the delivery. It was some PBW so not sure if they have a no chemical clause.
Luckily the wife was in at home.

I have had no problem with previous deliveries by DPD

After these positive comments I might have to jump ship, I usually use Geterbrewed.........

I use GetErBrewed and have had no trouble. I've had a look at Maltmiller and the site isn't as user friendly. Also, GetErBrewed's recipe builder is a deal breaker for me...you only need to order exactly what you need.

I use GetErBrewed and have had no trouble. I've had a look at Maltmiller and the site isn't as user friendly. Also, GetErBrewed's recipe builder is a deal breaker for me...you only need to order exactly what you need.

You can also get 5% off your orders using the code in the sponsor forum. :thumb:

As you can do with the malt miller. The deal breaker for me is if you order before 1pm you get next day delivery.

As you can do with the malt miller. The deal breaker for me is if you order before 1pm you get next day delivery.

For me this, and the fact they do cheap delivery for under 100g, makes malt miller the go to place for liquid yeast.

I didn't see that on their site...maybe they could advertise it better...on GetErBrewed's site, it's right in your face on their home page.

That next day delivery thing is really good though.

Latest posts

Back