Brewferm 'Grand Cru' Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, its definitely overcarbed.
I left it till completely fermented out and i have a temp control fridge so no excuses there?
Shame as underneath it there is a nice beer.
Still, new brew order arrived today so not all bad ;)

Got this from LHBS for a tenner. Brewed with 800g Golden syrup, been in the FV for 2 weeks OG somewhere between 1075 and 1080. Despite being a 9L kit it has obviously reached the lid of a 25L FV! Very clear on bottling tonight, 1008 FG. This is going to be dangerous, ABV is 8.5 + but the (near half pint) I sampled did not taste that strong. Will report back in a few months....

After reading all the positive reviews about this I decided to give it a go. Used dark muscovado sugar from tesco in the hope it would add a bit of colour. So, 9lt batch in a 10lt FV, what could possibly go wrong?:doh: Fermentation was vigorous and despite a blow off tube it still blew the lid off and made a bit of a mess in my fermentation fridge. Had to resort to transferring to a 30lt FV 'cause that's the only other thing I had and hope for the best. Bottled today and had a sneaky taste and looks like I got away with it. Tasted pretty good. Shall leave it for 6 months or more and should be a winner. Fingers crossed.:thumb:

Very glad all my reading of old threads have paid off as I really like Leffe blond. However I'm also really glad it didn't go on my last order as with such a long conditioning time I'm going to need a fair bit of stock so I'm not tempted and the practice making other kits will be good. Definitely sounds one to double up on. If it's that good it would be frustrating not to have very much of it. :)

Latest posts

Back