• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hop plants /rhizomez

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the "ring culture" tip. Nice to be in forefront of modern cultivation techniques! :lol:

I laughed when I read that certain plants "are liable to many soil-borne pests and diseases" comment ...

... because, by far the biggest threat to my little hop plant is sat on the sofa at the side of me! :whistle:

Thanks again! :thumb:

i'v got some cascade rhizomes coming, this is new to me since i'v never grown anything, i have a summer house and plan to put them in some pots, i'v got 2 plants coming, what sort of pay load can i expect ?

Prima Donna planted in Lidl compost (�£1.99 a bag) in temporary pot.

Photographs cover Week One and well pleased. :thumb:

Hop 1 24Mar.jpg

Hop 2 27Mar.jpg

Hop 3 30Mar.jpg

Hop pole just erected on my allotment.

Four metre tall PView attachment IMG_1377.JPGole is scrap handrail from the skip at work, top plate is half inch ply and chandlers rope for them to climb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hop pole just erected on my allotment.

Four metre tall PView attachment 8557ole is scrap handrail from the skip at work, top plate is half inch ply and chandlers rope for them to climb.

Do you think that it will stand up to a decent wind? I'd be inclined to put some anchor ropes further out.

Brian

Do you think that it will stand up to a decent wind? I'd be inclined to put some anchor ropes further out.

Brian

Time to restart the thread, the burrs on my hops have now turned to cones and I'm looking forward to a decent first crop.

I foolishly planted Centennial alongside Prima Donna and they are now intertwined. Will separate as best I can and use any mixed batches for bittering only, is this the thing to do?

My thoughts are now turning towards drying and storage, what are your suggestions for those?

Yrs seperate best you can before harvesting,,

to dry i use a couple of mesh laundry dryers

and storage is best done vac-packed and then frozen..
29525247353_cb34f79f4f_z.jpg

Back