Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Wine, Cider & Other Home Brewing Talk > Wine & Cider Discussions > Supermarket Juice Wine Recipes and Wurzel's Orange Wine (WOW) .....

Old 21-04-2017, 05:08 PM   #1911
richytrue

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by APINTA View Post
That would still not be strong enough for the old Memsahib I mean she drinks Absinthe for crying out loud When you said you put 1400 grams of sugar did that include 250grms of sugar that is already in the juice when you buy it
No mate that was total but I was going with 3ltrs juice (which I thought was 200gs sugar each) and an additional 800gs of added sugar..so may have been 1550gs of sugar if the juices had 250gs in them...they make a wicked sangria either way

Old 23-04-2017, 04:17 PM   #1912
boozybeagle

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Hi,

I keep seeing lowicz syrups being mentioned in lots of threads, but can't seem to find a definate answer on how to use them?

If I'm using 1L of RGJ (or WGJ if I can get any), how much of the bottle should I use? Half? A quarter?

And will 1L of GJ + some lowicz make a nice WOW, or is do I still need a litre of something else in there, like apple?

Any info / opinions much appreciated...

Cheers

Old 23-04-2017, 04:45 PM   #1913
pvt_ak

Liked 154 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozybeagle View Post
Hi,

I keep seeing lowicz syrups being mentioned in lots of threads, but can't seem to find a definate answer on how to use them?

If I'm using 1L of RGJ (or WGJ if I can get any), how much of the bottle should I use? Half? A quarter?

And will 1L of GJ + some lowicz make a nice WOW, or is do I still need a litre of something else in there, like apple?

Any info / opinions much appreciated...

Cheers

I use 1/2 a bottle matey when using in a 5g DJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
cheap wine, chill haze, home made wine, how to make juice wine, red grape juice, supermarket juice wine, white grape juice, wine making help, wine recipe, wow, wurzel's orange wine