Help teabag hops.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel1

Reaction score
I'm brewing an evildog kit all going well so far. I added my teabag hops on Tuesday evening. I did what it said on the instructions by soaking them in boiling water for ten minutes then adding them to my FV. I've just taken another reading I'm at 1010 but when sampling my brew it doesn't seem to taste hoppy. The bags have swelled up and the hops inside are quite hard. Should I cut these bags open to release them or leave them be. I'm going to bottling on Saturday?

I'm brewing an evildog kit all going well so far. I added my teabag hops on Tuesday evening. I did what it said on the instructions by soaking them in boiling water for ten minutes then adding them to my FV. I've just taken another reading I'm at 1010 but when sampling my brew it doesn't seem to taste hoppy. The bags have swelled up and the hops inside are quite hard. Should I cut these bags open to release them or leave them be. I'm going to bottling on Saturday?
If you put them in THIS tuesday,leave em alone. What do the instructions say?.I would leave them in for at least 5 days,7 even won't do any harm.

Unless sprinkled onto the beer hops will always compact in a confined space,but I wouldn't set the free as that's how the makers of the brew intended them to be used

I don't think that's right. I've done the bulldog bad cat kit which also has hop tea bags. When I added the boiling water for them to steep, they turned to mush in the tea bag. The hop pellets should have broken up. I suggest squeezing the tea bags so there is no air inside so the pellets can soak up the wort. Obviously sanitise whatever you use to squeeze em, tongs perhaps.

Latest posts

Back