Yeast book

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Covrich

Geek
Staff member
Reaction score
I have this book to read but not started yet

9780937381960.jpg

Hopefully will really open up the door regarding the most important and often forgotten ingredient..

It looks really heavy reading though!!

Incidentally there are a few books in this series hops and malts but i don't have them

Anyone read any of these?

Also got this for Christmas but haven't got round to reading it yet, looks very comprehensive!

ISBN number is 978-0-937381-96-0

Yeah, some pages look like the text books you used to get in biology, but looking at chapters it goes into culturing harvesting and barbonation and flavours ect

This is an awesome book. It's not too heavy (I wouldn't be able to understand it if it was :lol:) It really breaks down the 'lifecycle' of yeast, i's biology, what goes on during fermentation, the different compounds/flavours produced, how to handle yeast and more besides.

Who knew that the shape of a fermenter can have an effect on fermentation. I didn't until I read this book

Agreed, it's not that heavy.
The first section is a bit full on, but my missus is a microbiologist so I have an interpreter on hand!
After that it's pretty easy to read but full of info. I just read a few sections at a time until I've digested it!

Love this book. I've read about 2/3 of it and it really is enlightening. Every enthusiast brewer should read it

9780937381960.jpg

Hopefully will really open up the door regarding the most important and often forgotten ingredient..

Incidentally there are a few books in this series hops and malts but i don't have them

Read them all :cool:

As you can imagine all the authors reckon their ingredient is the most important :-).

The malt one gets unfair reviews on amazon.

All worth a read.

I've got this to. Had a few glances through it and it's very interesting. I'm almost done with the hops element of this series.

Hoping I may get grain and water for my birthday.

Packed with good info.

Slovenian goldings is actually a fuggles hybrid.

9780937381960.jpg

Knowledge is power - hopefully you can turn it into a powerful brew :whistle::lol:

Back