The Homebrew Handbook - Dave Law & Beshlie Grimes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notlaw

Dubbel Dragon
Reaction score
Not a bad book, similar to the Greg Hughes book, but not quite as good due to the recipes not quite being as detailed. Still a good book and worth having for the recipes I reckon. I've a soft spot for it as it's the first book I got and it made me want to brew.

I wouldn't pay the £13 odd for a new copy from Amazon, but at the minute they're offering new and used copies for under a fiver. For that price it's worth it for the recipes.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1908170247/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I realise this is an old post but cant help myself.

This was the first book I got on home brewing (it was a gift) and it, ultimately, got me hooked on the hobby. The book 'looks' great and has loads of great info within - the grain substitution/variation chart is excellent.

However, I'm sorry to say, there are loads of errors in the recipes. I don't have it to hand so cant highlight any but they would be obvious to any brewer with moderate experience.

My other criticism is that the recipes are designed to produce an unspecified final volume. The all grain method breakdown/walkthrough output is about 16L if memory serves and I believe the recipes are designed to correlate but the book doesn't make this very clear.

Overall, still a decent book for information and recipe inspiration.

Back